Sentry (Superior) Champion 2.0 Ascension

Options

Started the journey to create a truly frightening Sentry and noticed that he literally became the "Void"

All the boosted stats look great, but then you look at the ability numbers. Now we know Sentry is prone to damaging both enemies and allies with his abilities, but generally the friendly damage is roughly half with Supernova and roughly a third with World Rupture (depending on 3 to 5 covers).

Sentry (Superior) at current level 277's Supernova deals 2060 blast damage to the enemy team, destroys red tiles, and then does 1445 damage to the enemy team AND 1445 damage to allies.

It's the same with World Rupture doing 321 damage to the enemy team for each surviving countdown AND 320 damage to allies for each surviving countdown. He went full "Void" and says F Yo Couch...everyone dies!

Maybe a code error? Either way it's scary during this Thick as Thieves event where he swollen up to level 382.

Comments

• SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    Options

Ascended him once and stopped after I looked at what was going on.

• StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options

Yep, same is happening to Ragnarok green damage to allies. Mine is at 4* lvl.304 and does WAY more self damage than the 3* boosted to lvl.399. I think this must be an error, because if this scaling in damage continues in the same way these characters deal more self damage than enemy damage I fear, when nearing lvl.370.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 977 Critical Contributor
    Options

Thanks for the heads-up. I was looking forward to ascending him once my dupe gets to lvl 266, but now I'll probably hold off.
    I use Sentry with 5Kang to take advantage of Kang-Away in pick-2 nodes. I was looking forward to higher health levels on Sentry, but not at the expense of all that friendly damage. I fire World Rupture on Turn Zero, so I'd be eating all that surviving CD damage every battle.

• darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options

You can still Kang bomb with Cosmic Tactician and keep the countdown ticks up. One shot level 500 Mag Don at 99,479 HP for 6ap. Guessing if we took the time to math, there would be higher damage room (particularly with Kang all swol)

Seems the scaling algorithm they are using doesn't factor friendly damaging powers.