Champions 2.0 and Deadpool's Dailies

Options
hferg
hferg Posts: 20 Just Dropped In

I'm curious, since I keep a maxed set of 1 and 2 star characters to do all of Deadpool's dailies, I have to assume that if I Ascend my 1 star Iron Man, he is no longer able to be used in the 1 star Deadpool mission?

Comments

• jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options

This was explicitly stated in the announcement thread. If you ascend a 1 star to a 2 star they are no longer a 1 star. They could not do the mission that requires a 1 star.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,746 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yep you are going to need even more roster slots if you want to keep playing DPD $$$$

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Not really. There are 8 1* characters. If you ascend 5, there are still 3 left for DDQ. When you ascend those 3 in sequence, it leaves behind 1 slot for a spare 1* to finish the quest. It'll just take you longer.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Scofie said:
    Not really. There are 8 1* characters. If you ascend 5, there are still 3 left for DDQ. When you ascend those 3 in sequence, it leaves behind 1 slot for a spare 1* to finish the quest. It'll just take you longer.

Yes, it's less of an absolute need for more slots right now than it is a significant increase in the need to manage slots. So it's not so much a hit to the wallet as a new administrative burden. I think the easiest practice is to wait until you have "max champ" + "13/13 dupe" + "1 extra cover" before ascending so that you can immediately back-fill the emptied slot.

For subsequent ascensions after the first you will need extra slots because multiple dupes are needed to double- or triple- or quadruple- ascend and there is no indication that those dupes can be banked or stored in any way (i.e. you must have 2x dupes to ascend 1* storm from 2* --> 3*).

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 981 Critical Contributor
    Options

On the other hand, in the Dat Required Character node, it makes no difference if you use the 3* or the ascended 4*

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Scofie said:
    It'll just take you longer.

This could be the motto of MPQ over the last two years

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@SnowcaTT said:

@Scofie said:
    It'll just take you longer.