Build a Max Champed 550 Bag Man Challenge

Options
KGB
KGB Posts: 3,052 Chairperson of the Boards

I remember the build a max champed (L144) bag man challenge back when Champions 1.0 was released.

So now the challenge is build a max champed 550 Bag Man. Some players probably already have a dozen or so and a huge head start.

I wanna see a screen shot of the first 550 Bag Man. Who's up for the challenge?

KGB

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

While I’ve flipped a bunch of them across my career, I currently just have A single 133.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's going to take a really, really long time. As it stands, they won't break duplicates, so if someone has like 8 max Bagmans, they can't stack them all together right now. I think.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Such a person would be in better shape than most just the same.but there is a point of diminishing returns unless they allow breakdowns.

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 726 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2023
    Options

Bagman also seems to be awol in rewards these days. It's been a looong time since i got one.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Punter1 said:
    Bagman also seems to be awol in rewards these days. It's been a looong time since i got one.

I tend to get them in Lightning Rounds and sometimes in multiples, meaning if I win 1 and immediately win the next match I seem to get another one. One time I got 4 in a row.

• KGB
    edited September 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    It's going to take a really, really long time. As it stands, they won't break duplicates, so if someone has like 8 max Bagmans, they can't stack them all together right now. I think.

No, but you need a pair of 2's to make one 3. Then you need 2 3's to make one 4 and then 2 4's to make one 5. That's a total of 8 bag man needed (8 2's makes 4 3's which makes 2 4's which makes 1 5).

So having 8 will definitely help because you can immediately make 4 3's that you need.

KGB

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

But who will get the first 550 Yelena? Remember she was also "limited," the same way Bagman was -- she's not in tokens.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

She is also actually somewhat useful with her crit production

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

No, absolutely not! I have one max Bagman and another in production and they are absolutely not going to the 3* tier let alone anything else!

• dorkknight7669
    dorkknight7669 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options

Madness

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

No, but you need a pair of 2's to make one 3. Then you need 2 3's to make one 4 and then 2 4's to make one 5. That's a total of 8 bag man needed (8 2's makes 4 3's which makes 2 4's which makes 1 5).

So having 8 will definitely help because you can immediately make 4 3's that you need.

KGB

I think at this point you'll need to 208 Bagmen to get to the 4*.

This challenge may go on a while...

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 447 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2023
    Options

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

KGB

The part you are forgetting is when you use four 2⭐ to make two 3⭐ you just have two level 166 3⭐, you then have to get 100 covers for one of them to make even just one 4⭐.

Edit to say actually you would need 200 covers cause of the conversion rate.

• KGB
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Pantera236 said:

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

KGB

The part you are forgetting is when you use four 2⭐ to make two 3⭐ you just have two level 166 3⭐, you then have to get 100 covers for one of them to make even just one 4⭐.

Yes but if they are max champed (144 vs 94) you get 50 levels or 25 covers right away so instead of being 166 they will be 191's. Still will need 150 more covers but that's better than 200.

KGB

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 447 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@KGB said:
    @Pantera236 said:

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

KGB

Yes but if they are max champed (144 vs 94) you get 50 levels or 25 covers right away so instead of being 166 they will be 191's. Still will need 150 more covers but that's better than 200.

KGB

Sure but that still only gets you one 4⭐, now you have to do that all over again AND get one of those 4⭐s to 370 AND that just gets you a 450 bagman, now just 400 more covers (minus whatever conversion). @Daredevil217 got 424 covers in 8 or 9 years so maybe 20 to 30 years?

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ah yes, forgot about the 2:1 cover cost at the next level up...

• Ultrace
    Ultrace Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options

I'm looking forward to the first person to get Bagman to 5* just so they can tell us what the powers look like. I'm wondering how the devs will even make adjustments so that he is even fractionally useful in that tier...

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Ultrace said:
    I'm looking forward to the first person to get Bagman to 5* just so they can tell us what the powers look like. I'm wondering how the devs will even make adjustments so that he is even fractionally useful in that tier...

Why would they do anything?
    He'll be a joke character in all tiers.

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,641 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I play Lightning Rounds just to get Bagman covers and I've never gotten more than 4 in one week (played 270 rounds though), so good luck on this challenge, but I think I'll just keep my Bagmans as 2* for now.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 706 Critical Contributor
    Options

Go home KGB , you're drunk