New QoL Feature - Search Roster (Live with R287)

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
edited September 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

Along with that other tiny little Champions 2.0 feature we're also releasing a neat little Quality of Life update in R287, Search Roster!

Pretty simple in function, this allows you to search your roster by character name or sub-name. So you could search 'Black' and it will show any character with 'Black' in the name. Or 'Modern' will show all characters with 'Modern'.

This is available on both the Roster screen and the Team Select screen.

Update: You can also search via Affiliations and Ability Descriptions by enabling these in the Filters! Example for searching for Gamma characters:

These are set specifically as optional filters so that you don't easily end up with hard to parse simple searches (try finding Omega Red via searching 'Red' with Ability text enabled for example).

Hope you enjoy this in R287!

Comments

• Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options

Thank you so much, great QoL upgrade

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This is an excellent QoL upgrade. Thank you!

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Now this I like! Thumbs up!

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Love it!

• TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Excellent - thank you.

• mooken
    mooken Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options

Does the search also check against affiliation text? Or is that a future release?

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,339 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Now this is very, very nice! Thanks.

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options

@mooken said:
    Does the search also check against affiliation text? Or is that a future release?

Future. Planned though!

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 796 Critical Contributor
    Options

It's a start. Ability to search by affiliations would be nice. Ability to search for color creators/destroyers, tile type creators/destroyers, etc would be great. I won't hold my breath though.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    Options

Awesome addition.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Great addition!

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

This is great. So many times I've been looking for someone in my roster and just wished I could start typing their name to filter.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 796 Critical Contributor
    Options

@IceIX said:
    Update: It managed to squeeze in as well! You can also search for Affiliations and Ability text by enabling those options in the Filters. Check the screens in the OP for details.

Thanks for the update Ice. Getting something a lot of us here have been requesting is refreshing.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 710 Critical Contributor
    Options

Excellent addition to the game!
    Nice work devs

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I like it a lot, but I wish there was an easier interface than dropdown menu. I think it'd be much easier/simpler if, after you searched, you could just check/uncheck boxes that were permanently there to filter it.

As it is, it feels like it'll be less scrolling through my roster, but more clicking through menus to get teams. Like..say it's charged tile puzzle gauntlet. I'd filter it by 5*, Z-A to nab storm because mine is ~3-4 powers so she's not near the top of anything but the alphabet. Then I'd have to go UNcheck 5* and swap it to level sorting. Maybe specify 4* as well.

• gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    Options

@IceIX said:
    Update: It managed to squeeze in as well! You can also search for Affiliations and Ability text by enabling those options in the Filters. Check the screens in the OP for details.

These updates are awesome. Looking forward to this.

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Looking forward to trying out this update, thanks!

• supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Oh boy!!!! THIS is the good stuff!!!!!!!