MPQ Developer Q&A September 2023 (QUESTIONS)

Options

Comments

• SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options

When 4* will get rework, especially in match damage and HP? Too big gap between 4* and 5*
    Where alliance war?

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,040 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@BlixTheFrog said:
    Would you consider giving a stone to more than one person in season rewards? It can be really disheartening to have only one winner and wouldn’t break the game to have two or three winners, especially when half of SCL 10’s T1 already have the stone.

If the players did more during the Community Challenges, we'd all be rocking Power Stones!

If they made the challenges more clear about what exactly the community is supposed to be doing for the challenge we might have a chance.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Will there ever be a featured character update to Lighting rounds?

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 667 Critical Contributor
    Options

@SuperCarrot said:
    Clem can you hear me?

YES I CAN HEAR YOU CLEM FANDANGO

I don't have a question this month as don't really see the point, they choose what they will or won't answer and then choose to ignore certain aspects.
    I shall have to find my fun in a different discussion.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 667 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Are we still getting a new dedicated community manager or not for the forums?

I would love to hear this answered.
    Well, if you'll just bear with me, I think I've devised a fair and equitable system of choosing who should get the job. It's based on age, rank, seniority, usefulness, and to cut a long story short, it's me. I was a stunned as you are, which is why I demanded a recount. Well, blow me if it didn't come out as me again.

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options

Are you able to check such stats as how many players play with the animations turned off and as such, are you willing to share this stat? Just curious :D

• pino
    pino Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

Daran mas maneras de conseguir ISO, ahora que quieren implementar el champ 2.0

• UnityGamer
    UnityGamer Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options

There are abilities which change a tile's look as well as attributes - SAPs, webs, countdowns, fortifies, etc. Which of these is your favorite? Also, which of them do you consider the "heart and soul" of MPQ? Give ability examples of your favs.

(Note: this is a rehashing of a poll I did not too long ago. Due to the character limit, I was unable to post further examples of abilities which change a tile's look, the chief in question being charge tiles, bug tiles for Ant Man and Wasp, tentacle tiles for Doctor Octopus, and designs pieces unique to Doctor Strange (Eye Of Agamotto), Silver Surfer (Black Hole) and Black Bolt (The Silent King). It was a bad poll that I made, regret, and want a second chance with, so I'm forwarding this question to the developers as a sort of self-redemption)

• Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What specific criteria are you looking at in terms of who needs a rebalance?

• StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    Options

Has any thought been given to PvE seasons? PvP seasons are a popularity contest which in and of itself is fine but it would be nice for those that don’t enjoy the game mode to have a season long battle as well.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,993 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Why do boss events (and the random off-season PvP like Black Vortex) get a lower 5* boost than regular PvP and PvE? It's like 15 levels vs 100 or something.

• frank42
    frank42 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options

Hi,
    I know I'm a little late, but I hope I get heard anyway - unfortunately, the Q&A sessions almost always happen during my sleeping hours (GMT+2 here).

As I already asked several times at several platforms during the last 2 years now, I would like to know when the localization system gets a major fix.

The problem with the current state of German localization (and most likely several other languages too) is not only the missing power descriptions on most characters that have been released in the last months, there's also a major problem with many heroes having incorrect translations like mixed up values (147 attack tiles with 2 damage instead of 2 attack tiles with 147 damage), swapped SAP tile notation (German word for Attack tiles on Strike tiles and vice versa), broken translations (powers that last %BombTurns rounds instead of a numerical value) and a major problem with the timer on the pin overview that is completely gone because the box with the bar and the value on it is of fixed width and doesn't fit the German translation for "1d 2h".

I already suggested several times to simply fix that by adding a feature to manually switch the game language (either by ingame option or by Android builtin app language selection feature) but I feel like every report, every support ticket, every reddit post and every suggestion related to localization is consequently ignored by MPQ support and devs.

So, I don't really think that this post will achieve any results, but you're welcome to prove me wrong.

Frank

• jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options

There's a 250 character limit and you need to submit the question in the linked document.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Any thoughts on new Milestones to go along with Ascension progress? Maybe they could give out roster slots!

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,925 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Question:
    Can you speak to ascending being less rewarding (e.g. less resources earned ascending than making a 3rd dupe 4* champ, no retro feeder rewards despite earning the characters); and are there any plans to fix this so farms aren’t punished before launch?

Note to team:
    Example solutions for my question- lowering the conversion covers or upping the rewards so we don’t lose resources ascending, allowing retro feeders for ascended characters so players don’t have to halt progress.

• Adric1123
    Adric1123 Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options

Will you add an option for new covers to go to the vine rather than an open roster spot? Especially since the Ascension system will cause roster usage to vary.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

My question:

There has been a recent reduction in probability of getting a 4* cover from Mighty Tokens. Are the ratios being amended as part of other rebalances in the game (currency review or Champions 2.0 for example)?

• leviticuschom
    leviticuschom Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options

Previously announced supports like Wong and Hulkling would be rebranded, as they've become playable characters. Any updates on when? Will this extend to all "character" supports, from Proxima Midnight, the Tinkerer, Vanessa Fisk?

This discussion has been closed.