Order of Operations

Options
Zeebasaur
Zeebasaur Posts: 5 Just Dropped In

Noticed something on a Deadpool Node today that just got me curious.

Does anyone know the Order of Operations for Passive Powers?

I was doing The Big Enchilada and had Deadpool Spirit of Vengeance for good old Penance Fare. I hit a red match that knocked a character out to reveal Captain Marvel Modern, the match cascaded into another red match that almost knocked her out.

I thought Penance Fare would hit first since it was my turn, my character's match that also triggered a Passive. Instead CMM Energy Absorption triggered first and twice.

Obviously she was still nuked and the Goons couldn't even use the red AP but now I'm curious.

Bonus Question: What is everyone's opinions on Passives triggering when a new character replaces a downed one?

I kind of see it as only something to give the AI a small bit of advantage. It seems like another Order of Operations Question.

Match is Made/Power Fired-> Damage Applied -> Character is Downed -> New Character Appears

So what exactly is triggering the new Passive? The character wasn't present for the Match or Power, and Damage was also Applied before they arrived.

For example: You make a strong Match against a Goon, they take 2k Damage and are downed. The Goon falls out and Storm Classic shows up. Her Raging Tempest activates even though the way it is worded, I expect that she needs to "see" the damage happen for it to activate, or else it should also activate when she is in reserve.

Sorry for the long post. Just questions I'm curious about.

Tagged:

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wave nodes have been broken with that ever since they introduced them in 2014.
    They've never been able to fix them.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah, this particular effect is a bug that they either refuse to, or can't fix, for whatever reason.

The funny thing about it is that these fights seem specifically designed to annoy you with the bug. Like, why is it always Storm or Captain Marvel that shows up in that slot?

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If I'm remembering correctly, I thought they did manage to fix the wave node bug shortly after wave nodes were introduced but then it broke again soon after that and they just never fixed it again. I vaguely remember release notes saying they fixed the bug, and it not being a problem for awhile but then it started happening again after the next update and they just never addressed it again.