Puzzle Gauntlet - The same Tinykitty as everytime

Options
Chrynos1989
Chrynos1989 Posts: 312 Mover and Shaker

Is it so hard to actually make a PUZZLE gauntlet that is actually a puzzle instead of a game of luck?
Honestly, by now it’s more likely to be hit by a lightning 7-times in a row than winning these fights.
Starts to feel like trolling (oh god, I used the evil T word!)

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

This was one of the easier ones for me, but luck did play a huge part.

Puzzle Gauntlet to me is more about patience and less on strategy

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options

This particular one is my least favourite
    Even with the perfect team it comes down to luck for tile placement or the right tile being fortified etc

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

It's a mix. Some of the fights are just "do you have Polaris?" or "do you have the good tile color manipulators?" Others become really easy if you remember to bring the right character (there's a charged tiles fight in this one that Throg totally stomps). And some of them (like the "column of strike tiles" with Silk in this one), are about patience/luck.

I wish they'd give us some new ones though. I understand that these fights are really hard to design, but they're kind of boring now.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Punisher5784 said:

It's a mix. Some of the fights are just "do you have Polaris?" or "do you have the good tile color manipulators?" Others become really easy if you remember to bring the right character (there's a charged tiles fight in this one that Throg totally stomps). And some of them (like the "column of strike tiles" with Silk in this one), are about patience/luck.

I wish they'd give us some new ones though. I understand that these fights are really hard to design, but they're kind of boring now.

They can't even design new welcome to shield nodes, even with "30 people working on mpq".

• Itsmeabxab
    Itsmeabxab Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options

I never do the gauntlet, it’s dumb and not enjoyable.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What would be nice would be if PG featured some of the newer Supports. They are hard enough to get as it is so an extra option would be great.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

No.
    They need to alternate between Ebony Maw and Tinkerer until I have pulled both as 5*.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Well can you hurry up and do that so we can then have my plan!

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 400 Mover and Shaker
    Options

More times than naught when it comes to puzzle gauntlet, I’ll go thru and do as much as I can each day and stop when the frustration of the event causes me to want to smash my face into the wall. And then when that subsides, usually not till the next day or so, is when I’ll return to it and repeat the process until I’ve completed as much as I care to do.

• DAZ0273
    Options

I decided to try 3* Storm for a laugh but that did not go well so yes, it was Silk.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Storm has peanuts for health, but is otherwise decently suited to the fortified challenge with her black vs prowler, but silk was the only character in the bunch that can create strikes at all.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Possibly if I had a max champed Storm right now but she is in mid farm so she was dead very quickly as a baby champ. Silk is almost too good - I ended up killing the corners enemies more than once.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Options

I just brought Yondu TUs to win the strike-column node. Easy Peesy.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

I considered asking for Polaris teamups but then figured it was better to just roll the dice. Took a ton of tries with silk before it finally licked into place.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The prize for this round is the only support I have at 5 stars already. So...yeah.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Don’t forget to use TUs! I used 3 Polaris’ to get the column of strikes

• Akatosh
    Akatosh Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options

I wish they'd bring back the gauntlet of old. Where you get progressively harder nodes. Would be nice if they have this reset on a monthly basis, and add a 4 or 5 star support for completing it. One can dream...

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Akatosh said:
    I wish they'd bring back the gauntlet of old. Where you get progressively harder nodes. Would be nice if they have this reset on a monthly basis, and add a 4 or 5 star support for completing it. One can dream...

It wouldn't be difficult anymore -- you could just use Kang, or one of the other infinite combos, to do every fight. When they ran The Gauntlet there wasn't anything like that. We had whales, but you couldn't whale every fight, and they put Deadpool in the really hard ones to prevent it.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Or soon (tm) 5* Juggernaut!