Special Tile Issues

Options
Zeebasaur
Zeebasaur Posts: 5 Just Dropped In

I've seen it mentioned in other threads, but is anyone else having problems with using powers that make Special Tiles only for them to be in a terrible spot?

I've basically given up using powers that make a Count Down, Repeater, or Power Up tile anymore. If the tile isn't made in a spot where the AI gets to match it away on the next turn, then either they get a cascade to kill it (By row destruction 4-match to reach it, or RNG into a match) or the cascade just happens to make it that the only move available for me next is to kill it myself, and I know I'm not just bad at the game for that because the turn will swap, AI might fire a power, then the board will shuffle.

Comments

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 795 Critical Contributor
    Options

Sounds like bad board luck. It sucks but it passes. Happens to us all. Happened to me last night in Hearts of Darkness, bye bye t10. It'll turn itself around and be back in your benefit before you know it.

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That's RNG for you. Some you win, some you lose. That's why some chars will place fortified special tiles, to mitigate this somewhat. For powers that place special tile(s) on specific colors, it can help to reduce that color on the board before you fire it. e.g. If I want to fire IM40s "Recharge" I usually make sure there's no direct yellow match-3 on the board.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Yeah, planning helps.

MThor does make some playstyles a bit tricky - she feels like an overwhelming counter to some teams that aren't that strong to begin with.