Class of 2021 PvP

2»

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

So...anyone going to play a team other than Colossus, Scarlet Witch, and Shang Chi?

No. I haven't lost a match yet. I might add Yellow Jacket here-and-there

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,155 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023

@nwahs086 said:
    Got to 1200 this time by climbing most of the way with Shang, Sersei and Big Wheel.

Ok...that's a much better team than I was expecting. Sersei was the most recent classic 5-star I champed, so I hadn't used her at all. I figured I'd give it a shot, since I wasn't using two of them for much of anything else. I got up to a high of 20 Speed points with Big Wheel thanks to Shang Chi doing Shang Chi stuff. (Edit - seems like 20 is the maximum you're allowed!) Throw in two of Sersei's Match-5 tiles doing 62K damage to the enemy team, and it worked very well. Great team!

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023

4*Doc Ock deserves more credit than he gets. His Blue is the best, swapping 2 chosen tiles for either getting the AP you want and/or getting match 4s & 5s. His yellow can also give you the AP you want OR get more blue to swap tiles. That’s why he works with SC. His black is just a bonus hit and sometimes necessary if there’s too many tentacles on the board.

Plus, his tentacles remove enemy specials as efficiently as Kitty. He wipes out specials from Switch, Knull, Ronin, Kitty, Omega, BRB, whoever. He seems designed to stop Maggia goons too. If he had 5* numbers, he would be a great 5* support character.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

I've just had no time to play this one which is sad coz it is the first chance I have had to take my champed Colossus and YJ for spins with god boost. Gonna at least try and get some battles in today.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023

@DAZ0273 said:
    Do either Big Wheel or Sersi do aoe? Coz I just had to quit a fight against a YJ who stayed invisible for 10 minutes - word to the wise.

It's late now, but Big Wheel's active green is an AOE.

It took me until 3hrs before event close to land on it, but Shang Chi/Sersi/4* Doc Oc is maximum board control, particularly if you start with AP boosts and can get sersi's purple off at start of match. I removed Black since it was too random on the board shuffle, and from there you can use Doc Oc's yellow and blue to create match-Ns, gather whatever color will help you most (but it's a good way to get Green for Sersi who can't create it for herself but can facilitate the other 2 getting colors they want), and of course Shang Chi can delete enemies or create matches in colors you want on the remaining colors. If you drop out of the infinite turn you should have some pretty beefy CDs in the mix from Sersi. This team is offense only though, it requires too much deliberate sniping.

*edit just scrolled up and saw @bbigler posted this same team. probably should have stayed in touch with this thread after the first day or two and saved myself the headache of self discovery there lol