No Stuns in Welcome To Shield ?

Options

What's the point of allowing no stuns in the 1v1 nodes of Welcome to Shield when the whole point is to try out the new characters? Have fun playing Peni (who is designed around stunning the opposition) and half of her kit is crippled.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They're so bad at picking opponents.
    We're going over this every time they run it.
    They're very bad at showing us why we should spend on the new 4.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Welcome to Shield is the worst way to introduce a new 4*. It has never made me go "wow this 4* is awesome!"

They don't change the matches and we're forced to use the worst 5*s. This is where I use my Deadpool Whale points.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

The"no stun" thing on the opening two nodes is really daft for a character with a signature stun power.

Otherwise I quite like WtS.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I keep saying this! These intro events need to be curated to make us actually want to buy the new character. I have no idea why they refuse to do it -- why would anybody spend money on a character whose showcase event demonstrates that they don't do anything?

I trusted you to word this out for me.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This one is extra bad, since Mysterio goes invisible and her damage power is single-target. It's like they specifically chose this matchup to make her look useless!

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    This one is extra bad, since Mysterio goes invisible and her damage power is single-target. It's like they specifically chose this matchup to make her look useless!

Mysterio went invisible twice in a row. However you can still damage him with the Black power at the lower damage

• Bowgentle
    Options

Yeah this one is especially egregious.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I guess they wanted to have her fight a Spiderman villain, for thematic reasons, but...like...they have a million of those to use. Pick one that she's good against, so we will think she's useful, so we'll buy her.

This is win-win, it's completely insane that they refuse to do it.

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options

I think we can take a teamup to the fight with high damage to kill mysterio but it kills the intro character at the outset

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Wow, lost to fully restored health mysterio. Was always a match 4 purple available for him so once invisible I didn't lay a finger, and then practically every tile had a trap on it.

Echoing everyone else but what is the rationale behind not allowing stuns? This is to showcase a character, why lock it out?!

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 981 Critical Contributor
    Options

I had to try 3 times to beat the Mysterio node. Indeed, as others are saying, weird decision to showcase a character with stun and then disable it. Weirdly enough (or maybe not), if you fight Peni 1 on 1 you can probably get stunned. I'm not sure there, bc I went with Prof X and killed her off quite fast.

• will7612
    will7612 Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    When MYSTERIO makes your new character look like they suck then bad decisions have been made. I did end up winning mine first go but only because Mysterio eventually lived up to his true billing rather than anything useless Peni did.

If you can't beat Mysterio, it's time to open the trash can!!!!!!

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Dogface said:
    I had to try 3 times to beat the Mysterio node. Indeed, as others are saying, weird decision to showcase a character with stun and then disable it. Weirdly enough (or maybe not), if you fight Peni 1 on 1 you can probably get stunned. I'm not sure there, bc I went with Prof X and killed her off quite fast.

No, you can't be stunned in that node.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Luckily, I was given a load of TUs recently, so I was able to beat Mysterio using one of those between his bouts of invisibility. Team Ups are great. Hurray for Team Ups!

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Don’t mistake ignorance and laziness for malicious intent.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 981 Critical Contributor
    Options

To add to confusion, the current version (R286) now displays Welcome to Shield with a picture of Silver Samurai and if you click on WTS, there's Mister Negative. OK then ...

• Bowgentle
    Options

@Dogface said:
    To add to confusion, the current version (R286) now displays Welcome to Shield with a picture of Silver Samurai and if you click on WTS, there's Mister Negative. OK then ...

Clearly the 17 DPs we had today weren't enough.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 795 Critical Contributor
    Options

Got the same thing since I updated to 286. Not surprised since something breaks every time we get a new(extremely stupid) feature.