New QoL Features (8/24/23)

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
edited August 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

Some eagle eyed players have already noticed a couple of Quality of Life changes that have come to MPQ yesterday evening, but here's a run-down!

More Saved Team Slots
We've increased the Saved Team Slots from 6->12. This lets players plan out more individual teams for different modes and keep them at the ready. We're still planning on further improvements for this system such as directly allowing saving of Pick 2 teams and such, but increased slots themselves is part of that in any case. As a workaround for players that want to do a Pick 1 or Pick 2 Saved Slot, you can do the following:

• Recruit a character. Can be anyone, but you'll be selling them, so probably don't use a 5-Star.
  • Create the team you want, putting that new recruit in the slot you want blank.
  • Save the team.
  • Sell the character. This will make the slot in the Saved Team empty, and you can use that saved team for any nodes that have required characters in the slot you left blank.

Increased Boost Counts
Being able to only stock 30 of any Boost is pretty limiting. So we've improved that! It's now set to 99 total boosts. We're still planning on adding a way to buy more and larger batches of boosts to help with restocking, so that will also be coming down the road.

Increased Max Shard Counts
Similar to Boost Counts, some players are maxed on Character Shards. This is changing from 9999->99999. This happens most often when people have a particularly high level 3 or 4 star character (or a couple of them for farming) and we do a Champion Reward update. So now you can have a maximum of 99999 Shards for any given character to prevent overflow. Sure, it's possible to max that too, but that's going to take some time.

We've got more features, big and small, coming in the upcoming months and in the Anniversary, including a bigger one that we're close to announcing, so stay tuned!

Comments

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 729 Critical Contributor
    Options

Silence has been broken and it's fantastic news! A big thumbs up on these improvements!!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Thank you, Ice, for the update and the confirmation that you're already working on the remaining pain points!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,200 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

these are great additions, thanks for rolling it out and for giving us the rundown!

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hopefully next is a silent buff to ISO gains ! :)

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Can we get an announcement/explanation post for the Archangel update? (Also for Fury and Elsa and/or any others that have been changed?)

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Awesome stuff! I've been waiting a longggg time for the max Boosts update. Hopefully TUs are next, where we can have 3 slots for TUs and 3 slots for Boosts when we go into battle!

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2023
    Options

I'm already enjoying the expanded saved teams list, now I have room for everything I might use in an average MPQ day. Can't wait for bulk-buying boosts as that's some of the last fiddly menuing I have left to do now that my roster knows what's what. Thank you!

• froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Thank you for the updates, which are most appreciated!

Instead of allowing the "saving of Pick 2 teams", please consider just letting us select a 3-char saved team for a pick-2 (or pick-1) node, and just gray-out the characters that won't actually come in when chosen.

If you think about it, this process essentially already happens, if you take the 3-char team into a pick-3 node first, and then switch to a restricted node. Most of us already have a 3-char version with the same pick-2 option, so it's both more efficient on slots, and easier to find the most common teams, if these are simply combined into a single save slot.

• WilliamK1983
    Options

Can anyone tell me what was the old max shard limit before this update? I'm making a note of all the changes here but I don't have that info. Thanks in advance.

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options

HUGE buffs

• ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:
    Can anyone tell me what was the old max shard limit before this update? I'm making a note of all the changes here but I don't have that info. Thanks in advance.

It was 9,999

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 602 Critical Contributor
    Options

I remember finding that workaround. I got genuinely excited about it.

Nice to see these changes.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

more boost storage is great. Huge QoL improvement.

• Bullroarer
    Bullroarer Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options

A great set of changes.

Thank you to all involved in making this happen.

Any idea of when the bulk buying of boosts might be implemented?

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,301 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@frank42 said:

@IceIX said:
    We've got more features, big and small, coming in the upcoming months and in the Anniversary, including a bigger one that we're close to announcing, so stay tuned!

Well, I really like these QoL changes. especially the increased saved team slots.

But, when it comes to QoL ... I still have an - IMHO - valid concern that is getting ignored for years now, despite constantly reasking.

What about fixing the broken, incomplete, wrong and sometimes silly translations?

There are LOTS of places, where the German translation doesn't match the English original (example: MEH green: start of battle passive is swapped with start of round passive), or where placeholders appear (example: 2★ Magneto who does a countdown tile for %BombTurns rounds), or the score counter on the nodes that doesn't fit the German translation of the countdown in its box, which makes the whole countdown box disappear, to name just a few (I got a whole collection of these).

Last info, If I remember correctly, was "Yes we know, we're on it", that was somewhere in late 2022, nothing happened since then - well besides more characters, more events, and of course more ways to exchange money against pixels...

Besides that: It's not even a German problem. According to a reddit poll some months ago this problem seems to be present in several other language packs, too.

But... I wouldn't even care, if there was an option in the settings to switch the Game's language. But there is nothing, even though Android has builtin functions for that, which require minimal changes to the APK.
    (And no, I'm not switching the whole phone to another language for one single app that can't handle this)

I loved the translation of Thick as Thieves, because as far as I can tell (since German is a second language), they used the British slang "thick" meaning stupid, rather the phrase meaning tight/close knit. Translating it to Idiot Thieves

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm loving this QoL changes!

I rarely use Boosts. I usually reserve them for DDQ Crash for undercovered 4s or difficult PvE/PvP matches. Now that we have the 99 max, the Spicy Taco vault is no longer pointless for me! With 700+ tokens, I'm pulling everyday until I hit the 4, so I have all these boosts and healthpacks now! Very happy with this change

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2023
    Options

Good improvements, thanks.

Regarding saved-team slots, it would be extremely helpful if we could delete and replace specific slots. That way the team with a particular use-case is always in the same slot. For example, I play a lot of PvP, and want to always have slot 1 for my A and slots 2-3 for different grill teams. Then slots 4+ I can keep my standby PvE teams there, etc. Slots 1-3 will change every event, while 4+ less often. But the function of the slot position won't change basically ever until further down the list.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Yeah I like the extra space.

• WilliamK1983
    Options

It really is nice being able to pull for the 4* cover in the spicy vault and not have to burn stockpiles and power boosts to make room before pulling. Then if I used any health packs, having to wait to get back to 10 before pulling. Now, I can open the game after I wake up and if it's a cover I want/need, immediately start pulling without going through that cycle above.

@ArchusMonk said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

It was 9,999

Thanks for the info. I couldn't imagine saving 9,999 let alone 99,999.