9 months...

Options
stikxs
stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor

So I opened MTGPQ again today for the first time in 9 months to see what's new. How is it that for a game whose base criteria is standard or legacy, there still is no filter toggle for this? I know we were already asking for it for easily a year(s) before I took a break and it still is too complicated to expand the filter screen? An actual human being can go from not existing to a delivered baby faster than a base feature can be added?

Apparently I was wrong, but I expected more Oktagon.

Comments

• Abracadavers
    Abracadavers Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options

There must be something I don't understand with this. I know it is a long outstanding request, but despite playing this game for years now, I don't understand why anyone would need this. If I want to make a standard or legacy deck, I go into the appropriate training grounds (which is almost always there), choose the planeswalker I want to build a deck for, and boom - instant filter. The only reason I would ever use the requested filter would be if I was in the planeswalker section of the menu and wanted to build a standard deck there for some reason.

Can someone explain the use case situation for this request to me?

• stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options

When looking at planeswalkers as you mentioned, also when looking in the card library. Often enough that I was looking for it within the first 5 minutes of opening the game back up. And such a simple add to the beginning of the set filter.

• Abracadavers
    Abracadavers Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options

Thank you for the response. It is interesting to get a different perspective. I almost am never in the card library. If I want to look through cards, I just do it in a training grounds. But if enough people do that, then absolutely it is a valid request. Actually I think that interface could use a general overhaul anyway.

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Abracadavers said:
    There must be something I don't understand with this. I know it is a long outstanding request, but despite playing this game for years now, I don't understand why anyone would need this. If I want to make a standard or legacy deck, I go into the appropriate training grounds (which is almost always there), choose the planeswalker I want to build a deck for, and boom - instant filter. The only reason I would ever use the requested filter would be if I was in the planeswalker section of the menu and wanted to build a standard deck there for some reason.

Can someone explain the use case situation for this request to me?

I build for standard even in legacy events a lot of times. Sometimes it's the only way to test things, and I also look at the card catalog a lot. If I need to look at my catalog to see if a certain card can do something for a standard build, I shouldn't have to go into my Karn standard Training Grounds deck to look at everything available to me. That's way too many steps.