Well, the Krakoa support is quite nifty

Options
DrClever
DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
edited August 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

Okay, so something weird just happened.

Playing the Bullseye node on the Demastered boss event I had both ProfX and 5clops fire powers one after the other without me selecting them and (I believe, although as I'd had a decent cascade immediately prior can't be 100% certain) without me having the necessary AP.

I'm sober, had a reasonable amount of sleep, and don't seem to have suffered any kind of head trauma so I'm pretty sure it really happened - has anyone else seen anything like this?

Comments

• DrClever
    Options

Just happened again, same two powers in the same order (ProfX purple, Sighclops red).

Again not sure if I had the AP, but I don't think so.

• DrClever
    edited August 2023
    Options

Oh, it's Krakoa which I didn't realise I had equipped.

How embarrassing.

I'll edit the title.

• DrClever
    Options

The third on the team is Magik who is hovering around half health so this is firing reliably every other match or so now as enemy damage is low enough for her to heal back over that level between rounds.

Looks like it picks the first active power each time, which is possibly worth knowing.

• CouchPanda
    CouchPanda Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options

thanks for the heads up, pretty nifty as ive not really focused much on the supports for boss events!!!! my kitty with lockheed support has been dead helpful to whack out protects from the off

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 400 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Yea that would be the bonus perk for the support that is used when any mutant goes under 50% health. It does say it fires a random power, so might have just been happenstance for it to fire his red both those times.

• DrClever
    edited August 2023
    Options

Was the same pair of powers four times - could be random but getting unlikely.

edit - does seem to be random after 20 or so firings I've had each of Cyke's powers at least once.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

This support was fantastic when Magik was released. I had it in her during the 5* node in PvE and it saved my butt a couple times

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I have that on Apoc to make him start with some black.

• DrClever
    Options

I wonder if OML's strikes from his black would be half strength with this - text implies not. Presumably if that triggers from Krakoa you don't get the turn ending downside.

Can't believe I just stuck this on 5clops and forgot all about it.

• StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    Options

Would be better if it worked correctly.

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I have it on Polaris, so it always fires her blue.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 795 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2023
    Options

Have it equipped to 5* Colossus. Been using him, 5* Cyclops and 5* Emma messing around in the alliance events. Colossus(go figure) was knocked under 50% so the synergy perk triggered. Next node, the first time the under 50% character takes damage, it will trigger the synergy perk again thinking the already under 50% health character went under 50% again.

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Ptahhotep said:
    I have it on Polaris, so it always fires her blue.

Does it work on the same character or on a mutant ally as printed

• DrClever
    Options

It fires the powers from the mutant(s) on the team who are not the first character to go under half health, doesn't matter who has the support equipped.

So in my Cyke, Magik, ProfX team I have Krakoa on Cyclops but it's Magik that tanks and so when she goes below half health (or the first time she takes damage when already below half health) the support fires a power from Cyclops and ProfX.

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options

@DrClever said:
    It fires the powers from the mutant(s) on the team who are not the first character to go under half health, doesn't matter who has the support equipped.

So in my Cyke, Magik, ProfX team I have Krakoa on Cyclops but it's Magik that tanks and so when she goes below half health (or the first time she takes damage when already below half health) the support fires a power from Cyclops and ProfX.

Thanks for the info

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,202 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

FYI, power restrictions still apply. With Gambit on the team, if the random power chosen is purple or red, it won't fire.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This started happening to me yesterday and I only just realised I had this equipped to Cyclops when fighting Arcade. I hadn't bothered changing my team for the whole round of clears so I guess somebody was worn down to below 50% and bam zap my guys went nuts! It was great! I love this thing! Too bad mine is only Rank 2*.

• DrClever
    Options

@Waddles_Pines said:
    FYI, power restrictions still apply. With Gambit on the team, if the random power chosen is purple or red, it won't fire.

Yes, I think something like that was going on when I was trying to get it to fire OML's black - nothing happened, and it might be that it was selecting one of the powers from the second set which weren't available at that point. Difficult to test though - there's only so many matches you want to be playing OML for.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Interestingly it did seem to fire Cyclops red and green (but not his yellow) regularly but less so Prof X purple (for which it also seemed to have penchant for Storm's fisty power) so possibly it does try firing passives?

• DrClever
    Options

I don't remember it ever failing to fire ProfX's purple - and the pick for which option on that seemed to be random.