Share Your S.H.I.E.L.D. Resupply Ranks

Comments

• roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler

50 HP. 500 ISO. Very poor rewards at this ranking.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards

Started around Christmas after launch

• xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker

Still going strong

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 236 Tile Toppler

Here ya go.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:
    Yeah, seeing all of these crazy big numbers really puts the forum population, and our general views on the game, in context. When you take into consideration the stats about the overall playerbase that IceIX shared...maybe there's a reason that our concerns don't seem to get prioritized?

Yet the game still focuses on providing the exclusive content for these players, including an Alliance Event that only these players can get the big prizes from! Many of those players spend nothing on this game, many of those nothing spending players are here on the forum. Why are the Devs rewarding these players again and again? Why are there not new 2*? Something doesn't add up.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:
    Yeah, seeing all of these crazy big numbers really puts the forum population, and our general views on the game, in context. When you take into consideration the stats about the overall playerbase that IceIX shared...maybe there's a reason that our concerns don't seem to get prioritized?

Yet the game still focuses on providing the exclusive content for these players, including an Alliance Event that only these players can get the big prizes from! Many of those players spend nothing on this game, many of those nothing spending players are here on the forum. Why are the Devs rewarding these players again and again? Why are there not new 2*? Something doesn't add up.

You only have EB's word that these players spend nothing.
    Don't take that as gospel.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

I mean, how much are they really rewarding them? What's the last piece of "exclusive content" that the top 1% got?

I'd also say that a LOT more players/alliances seem to be doing the placement event than I'd expected. If it only offered rewards for t10, sure, that's exclusive content.

• 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 234 Tile Toppler

Started real close to launch but two big breaks after my kids were born.

• Eagledave
    Eagledave Posts: 13 Just Dropped In

Ooh, what is todays prize!

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

I mean, how much are they really rewarding them? What's the last piece of "exclusive content" that the top 1% got?

I'd also say that a LOT more players/alliances seem to be doing the placement event than I'd expected. If it only offered rewards for t10, sure, that's exclusive content.

Technically every retro feeder is exclusive content for the 1% since they get to double dip on rewards.

Also every rebalance of an older character is for the 1% since newer rosters do not have those characters nor are they ever likely to get them covered even if they play for 3-5 years. I suspect that's why they don't batch update older 5* to modern health/match damage. If they accidentally created a meta from that they'd be hosing all the new players who are just entering or about to enter 5* land and do not have access to those characters.

KGB

• entrailbucket

New players aren't entering or just about to enter 5* land...

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards

My point was that there is always somebody entering 5* land. For us 9+ year vets, someone who has been playing only 2-3 years is a 'new' player. Plus there are plenty of somebodies who've entered 5* land in the last year or so who have only say 5-7 champed 5* and no way to access older characters (classsics is not a reasonable way due to dilution). So batch upgrading health/match damage on all those 5+ year old characters is in fact a give away to vets making those characters relevant.

Forgot to add that the Shield Training event is also for the top 1%. Puzzle Ops is too. Neither was added that recently but recent in terms of the 10 year history of the game.

KGB

• entrailbucket

Someone who's been playing "only" 2-3 years sounds like a minority of players, given the stats. Certainly someone with 5-7 championed 5* is a superminority, given that only 3% of all players have at least one character 450+.

I don't know that we can definitively say much of anything about the 97%. Is shield training absolutely not "for" them? They might not be able to complete it, does that mean they don't play it at all? What about the value of an event like that as a nudge toward newer players to build out their roster (by buying slots)?

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards

It’s not that hard to get at least 1 cover of the Classic 5s given event shards, 4 feeders and milestone rewards

• CongoFury
    CongoFury Posts: 6 Just Dropped In

I started playing around April of 2014.. Definitely had some mini breaks in-between... but still played consistently on and off through the years...

Side note … I still miss environmental tiles! 😂

• DAZ0273

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

You only have EB's word that these players spend nothing.
    Don't take that as gospel.

Fair enough.

• DAZ0273
    edited August 2023

@entrailbucket said:

Someone who's been playing "only" 2-3 years sounds like a minority of players, given the stats. Certainly someone with 5-7 championed 5* is a superminority, given that only 3% of all players have at least one character 450+.

I don't know that we can definitively say much of anything about the 97%. Is shield training absolutely not "for" them? They might not be able to complete it, does that mean they don't play it at all? What about the value of an event like that as a nudge toward newer players to build out their roster (by buying slots)?

SHIELD Training ultimately yields an LT but only if you can beat the VERY hard nodes which 5* players can- as if 5* players are NOT playing it to get that.

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 236 Tile Toppler

for a while, i used Legion to clear the hardest nodes in Welcome to SHIELD. idk what you guys complain about those with a roster.

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 590 Critical Contributor

I used to use Whales!Whales!Whales. Either as a teamup, or with DP himself. The Loaners can also help a lot...

• DAZ0273

@axmoss said:
    for a while, i used Legion to clear the hardest nodes in Welcome to SHIELD. idk what you guys complain about those with a roster.

Oh were we complaining about it? I have lost track - we could have been. I just Shang Chi it every single time.