It’s been a Longshot…

zonatahunt
zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker

Seriously, we NEED Longshot, Spiral, and Mojo in the game. I have such fond memories of the 6- issue series from ages ago. The artwork for that time was superb (and still is by today’s standards) and it was a fun story. I can’t remember the name of that beast that grew into a hated rival over the duration of the series, but he’d be a great fourth character to include. I think they hinted at the Mojoverse in their July Answers, and if it becomes a reality I’d be thrilled.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

You'll get more spider people and Symbiotes, I'm sure.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

@zonatahunt said:
    Seriously, we NEED Longshot, Spiral, and Mojo in the game. I have such fond memories of the 6- issue series from ages ago. The artwork for that time was superb (and still is by today’s standards) and it was a fun story. I can’t remember the name of that beast that grew into a hated rival over the duration of the series, but he’d be a great fourth character to include. I think they hinted at the Mojoverse in their July Answers, and if it becomes a reality I’d be thrilled.

Fun fact: Visually Longshot was based on this fella:

Sing along with me now!

"You're too shy, shy, hush hush, eye to eye!"

• MPQBren
    MPQBren Posts: 17 Just Dropped In

@zonatahunt said:

Mog and Gog? Or something like that. Father and son team I think. Got to include Shatterstar as well. Mojo's servant could be a cool support for him. Can't remember his name.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:

@zonatahunt said:

Sing along with me now!

Neverending stooooooryyyyy

• DAZ0273

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@zonatahunt said:

Sing along with me now!

Neverending stooooooryyyyy

Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ahhhhhhh!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards

Symbio-Jo 5* incoming…

• DAZ0273

If they made Mojo-verse as a Boss Event then it would be fun if instead of having health bars, Mojo has viewing figures and you have to reduce them to zero to get him cancelled.

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,962 Chairperson of the Boards

Spiral is a personal favorite so you have my vote.

I would prefer Mojo to be a boss-type character and they do a double shot 5* release of Spiral and Longshot with a 4* Shatterstar.

And maybe some 2* X-babies of Cyclops, Psylocke and Colossus.

What would be really cool is if they designed the event with different channels that offered various unique rewards. So if a player picked the Mojo Wrestling channel, the reward pool would be focused on Shatterstar, while the Mojo Disco Channel would reward Dazzler and so on.

• aziraphale
    aziraphale Posts: 31 Just Dropped In

After Silver samurai and Omega red, I figured Spiral was the next release to finish out the X-men Children of the atom arcade roster. Well, at least until they can add Akuma too

• DAZ0273

Akuma would absolutely rock! I want him right now!

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,746 Chairperson of the Boards

Once we get Mojo & co, is there any chance we'll ever get a MC2 character or am I the only one who remember them?

• DAZ0273

4* Darkdevil would fit the bill. Or Spider-Girl of course.

• StillMonsoon3
    StillMonsoon3 Posts: 75 Match Maker

How about having all the X-Babies be one character? Powers could flip like Legion depending on the colors you have, or work multiple powers under one color similar to 5* Prof X.

• Kross
    Kross Posts: 90 Match Maker

I have been saying this for years. Give me my Longshot.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

@fight4thedream said:

I would prefer Mojo to be a boss-type character and they do a double shot 5* release of Spiral and Longshot with a 4* Shatterstar.

What would be really cool is if they designed the event with different channels that offered various unique rewards. So if a player picked the Mojo Wrestling channel, the reward pool would be focused on Shatterstar, while the Mojo Disco Channel would reward Dazzler and so on.

There was an unreleased 2* Cyclops that was supposed to come shortly after 3*'s release but it got shelved

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@Punisher5784 said:

@fight4thedream said:

There was an unreleased 2* Cyclops that was supposed to come shortly after 3*'s release but it got shelved

Pretty sure that character was reworked (a bit, he's mostly the same) into 4* Cyclops.

• ThaRoadWarrior

I wonder if they’ll dust off Iron Patriot, the Xbox exclusive character ever?

• DAZ0273

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I wonder if they’ll dust off Iron Patriot, the Xbox exclusive character ever?

He was available on Playstation version too but the console version is so dull I never got anywhere near him so no idea what he actually does but it looks like he had one power which made critical tiles and something like Nick Fury's yellow. However doing some research it seems as though the console version was developed by a different games company and so possibly Iron Patriot's code is owned by them and so an exact port isn't possible?

Maybe one for the Q&A?

• ThaRoadWarrior

Yeah I’m sure he would need an absolute makeover, and he kind of just looked like a War Machine paintover visually, but that one star made of critical power seems like it would be good in the 5* game if it were cheap enough to fire