Class of _____ event scoring review.

Options
Phumade
Phumade Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards

I want to bring attention to this topic and what it means for pvp.

Overall, a weekly side event with no placement is a good supplemental event that players can experiment with and play at their own pace. Its not a viable replacement for PVP and alliance integration. Specifically, once your done with the task, you have zero incentive to keep engaging with the game. Unlike traditional pvp where the scoring, and hitting incentives are essentially endless. In practical terms it means every account does 50-60 wins and stops vs. a t5 scl player who hops or enforces would easily account for 100-150 matches. Before going down the Excel rabbit hole, I just want to emphasis that a match 3 game should have an an endless component of play.

As a supplemental and continuously running side event, I think this is great. A week to week event that has a limited roster ( it doesn't really matter if it mutants/ Class of / Secret Wars etc) is a great way for players to try out new combinations and play styles that don't impact current expectations/obligations of play.

I think the key takeway is that a limited roster pvp event is great for encouraging new play at a sustainable place.

Comments

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Options

I agree. They could easily+ keep it going after the anniversary by having a different theme each week.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Tl:Dr: everyone loves extra pvp with no incentive to shield.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

Well, we do sorta have that in shield sim, and I don't think anybody loves it. The difference with these is the limited roster part (and I'd argue the part of that that matters is locking out the overpowered guys).

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Bowgentle said:

Well, we do sorta have that in shield sim, and I don't think anybody loves it. The difference with these is the limited roster part (and I'd argue the part of that that matters is locking out the overpowered guys).

Ssim is part of season, so scores matter in the end.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,202 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah agreed. Maybe it'll make use of affiliations.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Maybe they can use this setup to test Supports in PvP to analyze rather than forcing it on us

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options

I've been the opposite ironically. I barely do PvP and I barely do PvE. I usually stick to Alliance events and Deadpool dailies.

This is one of the first game modes in a while I have been actively doing every single day. I am even excited for the new buff list and characters each week too which is great.

Honestly I'd love to have this type of PvP be permanent. But instead of "Class of ____". It would work just like the Buff list of each PvP or PvE. But only the buffed characters would be usable. I mean I know for some veteran players who play, this has been the opportunity to play characters someone may normally not play or haven't played in a while.

So imagine there was a Weekly PvP. But it had a random pre-set list of only those characters that could be used. Could even theme it around whatever is going on during the month too.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,744 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@captainheath said:
    I agree. They could easily+ keep it going after the anniversary by having a different theme each week.

Instead of current PVP I agree. With it and SIM, no thanks. For me it would be a good addition to drop SIM from season scoring and have these new weekly type PVP events. SIM just left there to practice with teams for no points.

I think if you had all three, soon enough you would have people complaining about burnout because so many people seem unable to regulate which events to play and how deep into the rewards to go vs how much they hate an event.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I DO love that there are 150 5* shards at 1000 points of progression in these Class Of events; I wouldn't mind if that found its way to regular PVP moving forward.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:

@captainheath said:

Instead of current PVP I agree. With it and SIM, no thanks. For me it would be a good addition to drop SIM from season scoring and have these new weekly type PVP events. SIM just left there to practice with teams for no points.

I think if you had all three, soon enough you would have people complaining about burnout because so many people seem unable to regulate which events to play and how deep into the rewards to go vs how much they hate an event.

I think you'd have a small number complaining about burnout. The responses from Ice about player numbers and habits were a big surprise to me. It may seem as though for a lot of players, variety is more important than getting every reward available.