will there be July character rebalances?

Options
2»

Comments

• leviticuschom
    leviticuschom Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options

@DevpoolMPQ_BCS, so just to confirm, Elsa Bloodstone received a minor, unannounced rebalance - and that will constitute the rebalances for July?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Even the "bad" 5* reworks have massively improved those characters. Iron Man went from, like, the absolute worst, completely unusable even +100 levels, to mediocre.

There are at least 10 and maybe 20 5* that are completely worthless. We were supposed to get one rework every month. That pace is glacial, but at least they committed to it, and we'd get to the end eventually.

Now? Did they give up? OML is featured in classic tokens all month and he's completely worthless in his current state. When is his rework?

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,330 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Even the "bad" 5* reworks have massively improved those characters. Iron Man went from, like, the absolute worst, completely unusable even +100 levels, to mediocre.

There are at least 10 and maybe 20 5* that are completely worthless. We were supposed to get one rework every month. That pace is glacial, but at least they committed to it, and we'd get to the end eventually.

Now? Did they give up? OML is featured in classic tokens all month and he's completely worthless in his current state. When is his rework?

He was already reworked, didn't you notice???

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

We basically need to create this post every month so a developer can pop-up to say "Oh we rebalanced 3* Punisher like 3wks ago. K bye"

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 706 Critical Contributor
    Options

Incredible.
    Look forward to them telling us they've updated another character out of the 300+ we currently have

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

How do people even remember what any of these guys numbers were to know the difference from these stealth changes? I couldn't tell you anything about Shang Chi except that he punches things and it works.

• entrailbucket
    Options

I was able to catch the changes to Civil War Cap and to Gambit because their health and match damage doubled.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I sure hope the changes to Chasm will be better communicated.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

Nobody ever updates the character threads, so if you want to see what the original numbers or power descriptions were you can typically just compare what is her to the in game description if somebody seems different.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah but why would you even be looking at those for most characters? I can understand Entrails example and people will be watching Chasm but if say Black Knight gets changed will we even notice?

• entrailbucket
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Yeah but why would you even be looking at those for most characters? I can understand Entrails example and people will be watching Chasm but if say Black Knight gets changed will we even notice?

I certainly wouldn't, unless he was featured somehow, and it was a BIG change. Like I looked at Elsa after they mentioned it here, and saw no difference.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I wouldn’t notice a change to too many 4* characters.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,338 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I hadn't noticed this thread until now and it's funny that one dev popped in, said "Elsa changed" and then never came back. No link to what changed. No explanation. Just "she changed".

There are other threads about this but communication is beyond laughable at this point.

• leviticuschom
    leviticuschom Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options

@LavaManLee - 100%. and comically the original question remains unanswered. With a flurry of confusion after revealing a rebalance of Elsa, which was so insignificant that no one noticed beforehand. Why even do the work on something so unnoticeable and unannounced?

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    Options

In the latest patch notes, Archangel is getting a rebalance that goes live this Thursday. Maybe he’ll be getting some Horseman synergy with Omega Red.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

Agreed. Heck, I use Banner during his boost weeks and he was easily the worst character in the game before his redo. Yes, worse than Wasp. At least you didn't actively try to prevent Wasp from activating some of her powers...