Omega Red in Heart of Darkness PvE

Options
System
System Posts: 1,026 Chairperson of the Boards
This discussion was created from comments split from: The MPQ Grapevine: Summer 2023 Edition.

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Zarqa said:
    3/5 Omega Red are not permanent additions to HoD PvE, and they are not planning to make adding new characters to PvE nodes a regular thing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQuest/comments/15cvfg4/anyone_else_find_it_kind_of_insulting/ju04tz6/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1&context=3

I don't see why. Lots of players say it's very easy to beat characters like Chasm, Polaris, Hulk, Thor...I think all of those (as well as any new characters) should be in every PvE.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Zarqa said:
    3/5 Omega Red are not permanent additions to HoD PvE, and they are not planning to make adding new characters to PvE nodes a regular thing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQuest/comments/15cvfg4/anyone_else_find_it_kind_of_insulting/ju04tz6/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1&context=3

I don't see why. Lots of players say it's very easy to beat characters like Chasm, Polaris, Hulk, Thor...I think all of those (as well as any new characters) should be in every PvE.

Oh, I fully agree with you. Just being the messenger in the appropriate ‘the devs posted something elsewhere’ thread. Not trying to start a discussion. (Yes, I got your sarcasm, but I agree new chars should be in PvE!)

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,046 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

I like the idea of 3/5 releases being in the next PvE event after they are released just for some variety.

Don't need them there permanently but mixing it up as always good.

I didn't have much problem clearing either Omega Red node in CL10 3x with my 4* roster using Valk/Quake with Shang and BrB/Polaris with Quicksilver without ever needing a health pack. So it wasn't crazy difficult.

KGB

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think it was fun to have new nodes, which were a challenge, so that the spreadsheet people had to adjust.
    A little.
    They still won, but had to adjust.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    I think it was fun to have new nodes, which were a challenge, so that the spreadsheet people had to adjust.
    A little.
    They still won, but had to adjust.

That's so weird. I guess the people complaining about Omega Red in PvE are just bad players. I had no problem winning fights against him!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

He's not a problem, he was just something that wasn't in their spreadsheets.

• fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2023
    Options

the 3* Omega seems to have way more health than a 3* should have. I was wondering if he was "boosted" somehow.

Like pound-for-pound compare him to the 5* essential nodes. it seems off the first time running against him.

EDIT: so 380 lvl 3Omega=181K hp
    605 lvl 5
    Omega=282K

• Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options

@fnedude said:
    the 3* Omega seems to have way more health than a 3* should have. I was wondering if he was "boosted" somehow.

Like pound-for-pound compare him to the 5* essential nodes. it seems off the first time running against him.

The new 3 stars do get a bit of power creep.
    Think around the 80k mark for a max champed 3 star in its own event.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,223 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Split from the Grapevine thread to keep that for news.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,805 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:
    I like the idea of 3/5 releases being in the next PvE event after they are released just for some variety.

I didn't have much problem clearing either Omega Red node in CL10 3x with my 4* roster using Valk/Quake with Shang and BrB/Polaris with Quicksilver without ever needing a health pack. So it wasn't crazy difficult.

KGB

No offence matey but this is exactly why we need to have things changed up. SCL10 was never meant to be "easy for 4* rosters" - the fact that it now apparently is = failure.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@KGB said:

Yeah, same.

I enjoyed seeing OR in PvE. As well as keeping things a bit more fresh it gave a chance to test possible counters (not to difficult to come up with in this case) and so think about possible PvP teams that might counter the counters.

Assuming it's easy to do, I'd like to have this as a regular feature - maybe also switch out some other nodes for featured classic characters as well.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@KGB said:

KGB

No offence matey but this is exactly why we need to have things changed up. SCL10 was never meant to be "easy for 4* rosters" - the fact that it now apparently is = failure.

SCL10 isn't "easy", it's just doable with certain characters.

If SCL9 were more like 10 instead of 8 in rewards and node structure, then I bet you we would be at 9. Since 9 is pointless if you want to grow your 5*s, we're in 10.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@KGB said:

KGB

If SCL9 were more like 10 instead of 8 in rewards and node structure, then I bet you we would be at 9. Since 9 is pointless if you want to grow your 5*s, we're in 10.

"I didn't have much problem" is the phrase used, wording not mine. Of course KGB does not have anything approaching an average 4* roster so perhaps pinches of salt are required/YMMV but they are smashing it apparently without too much trouble. I think shaking things up so there are surprises and different things to consider can only be a good thing but again, different players will see different things that they want from the game.

• DAZ0273
    Options

It was the main reason I asked about Simulator coming back in the June Q&A.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options

Doing this (esp in the challenge mode) gives us the chance to actually see how he played, and how to defend him. While the PvP is good, a 1/1/1 unboosted doesn't really show them off. Would love more of this

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@KGB said:

KGB

"I didn't have much problem" is the phrase used, wording not mine. Of course KGB does not have anything approaching an average 4* roster so perhaps pinches of salt are required/YMMV but they are smashing it apparently without too much trouble. I think shaking things up so there are surprises and different things to consider can only be a good thing but again, different players will see different things that they want from the game.

Sure, I can "smash" SCL10.. literally with She Hulk, BRB and Polaris, but it's time consuming and boring. I possibly could do it with a variety of other 5/4* mixtures, but it depends on the Boost that week. Plus the essential nodes can be a pain, hence some concerns of Omega. Regardless, the softcappers aren't taking any placement rewards above T50, and T50 requires the timing that the T20 with your roster do.

If they change SCL9 to be more like 10, I guarantee you most ppl would shift down.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@KGB said:

KGB

Sure, I can "smash" SCL10.. literally with She Hulk, BRB and Polaris, but it's time consuming and boring. I possibly could do it with a variety of other 5/4* mixtures, but it depends on the Boost that week. Plus the essential nodes can be a pain, hence some concerns of Omega. Regardless, the softcappers aren't taking any placement rewards above T50, and T50 requires the timing that the T20 with your roster do.

If they change SCL9 to be more like 10, I guarantee you most ppl would shift down.

Oh wait, you think I am concerned about placement? Ha, ha, no, I am not one of those guys. I don't play anything in this game even remotely seriously and am not threatened by anybody else taking things away from me. I am just saying that power creep has left SCL10 a bit on the puny Banner side and so freshening it up isn't a bad thing. The 4* rosters can keep on doing their thing, fine by me, but I see no reason why the top tier of PvE shouldn't be a very hard challenge as opposed to what seems to be a mild inconvenience. ALL Pve is boring so I can't fix that one. It doesn't have to be every node or ramped up to 11 but switching things up with new challenges, making more of the nodes Kang proof (disclaimer: I love Kang and use him!) or just otherwise shaking things up every once in a while is or could be a good thing.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Aside from frequent sarcastic outbursts it's so rare to go "Oh, that's a surprise" about anything in this game that even just changing some backgrounds is welcome.

Finding the odd PvE node challenging comes into the "unexpected" category and is definitely a good thing IMO