Comments

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Lol 7 votes so far... all for bell pepper 🫑

• Itsmeabxab
    Itsmeabxab Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options

I voted for habanero because they taste the best.

• leviticuschom
    leviticuschom Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options

The "spicy" announcement left me more confused that anything else. The image of the DDQ taco truck + silhouette implied something else. The change to Classic tokens is needed and nice. But Thursday was largely a delayed character announcement, which was all but said.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Felt more like sour cream to the face

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I honestly don't know what the spicy announcement was.....

Omega red? Not spicy, nice fan service

Classic LT odds? Not spicy, decent QoL change but not groundbreaking.

Class of 2014? Definitely not spicy

I was expecting something to do with Deadpool daily or something.

Oh well maybe next time?

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options

The change to classic tokens was nice, but the way it was advertised made it seem like there was going to be some kind of big change coming. Instead it was just a 5/3 release like normal and the change to the classics. Way more overhyped than what it was.

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options

As above

I understand that for some forumites this was a wet dream coming true, but it was just a character release. don't think it warranted the "hype" and seeing as people worked it out a week or two ago it wasn't unexpected in any way at all.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Definitely bell pepper.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The only thing spicy was putting Omega Red in the PvE event instead of Gorgon.

He showed up in the 3* essential and the 5* so that was cool. At least some of the old content is getting looked at.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,805 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The whole thing made no sense. Did somebody run the wrong marketing banner? Were we supposed to get The Amazing Chilli Man instead of the cabbage munching Russian? Does spicy have a different meaning in Dev land? Why the hell was Doop involved? Is he spicy? He looks like a blob of green snot. When we get Paste Pot Pete will the advertising campaign be Doop doing a jigsaw puzzle at the Hellfire Gala? He is putting the pieces together...yes, yes I know it would make more sense to have him stick something together but the artist doesn't know how to draw a glue stick.

So many questions. Too many questions. Can we have The Question? We should ask DC. Doop could announce if by floating next to an exclamation point.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,249 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

Much as I was asking for Omega Red, didn’t they explicitly tell us in one of the Q&As he wasn’t on the radar for ‘23? If so, that has shaken my confidence in the whole Q&A process. I should track that answer down

*Edit
    trust restored:
    @Pezza80 [Forums]
    Question: Can you clarify the reasons why Omega Red is such a difficult character to bring to the game? Is it rights related? Ie the fox/ marvel characters or is it clearance from marvel themselves?

Answer: We definitely see the clamor of excitement for him and while we can't confirm/deny anything around Omega Red, the short answer to ANY character difficulties is "yes". Clearances go down a very thorough rabbit hole of different stakeholders that can surprisingly make inclusion difficult for even characters that we initially thought would be an easy addition.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,740 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Well yeah this is what happens when you pander to the vocal minority. No one gives a stuff about Omega apart from being some online meme. Also by now you would think people would know to temper their expectations.

The change to classics is huge for quite a few reasons and is a feature to get more classics that people have long requested.

I really like the new release, not because of who it is but he looks an pretty decent useable character.

• Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options

Not very spicy but still appreciated

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The majority of the poll thinks it's a Bell, but the company thinks it's Spicy because to them it is a major addition.

They did likely need to go through the "red tape" to get Omega approved and probably needed to create the 4Horseman version to get it approved, which takes time and effort. While the Classic token change may seem small to us, I bet you to their Finance department it's a big deal.

The expectations of a customer and company will normally be lopsided, but a win is a win, so let's enjoy it

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,805 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Actually I think it was probably more smoke and mirrors than red tape. Approval for Omega would have been months ago - I expect as far back as the fan favourite vote whenever that was considering the long lead in on character releases.

The method of advertising/sneak peek was pretty much out of left field though for the actual "spicy" reveal - the change in covers clue to Omega got rumbled pretty much immediately so the link to DDQ in particular was confusing/led expectations of something to do with DDQ and the silhouetted figure in the teaser was mistaken as female.

Eh. I doubt the Devs are that fussed if we didn't rate it.

The change up to Classics could be nice. Can we have some Classic tokens in regular rewards structures now please?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,249 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I will say the Classic change has been pretty real so far. I've been pulling down increased 5* frequency as well as featured frequency within 4 and 5* pulls. I just wasn't expecting that to be the x-tra spicy announcement since the visuals were all around DDQ and there is a spicy vault seemingly tying in to that adjective. It's like when you take a bite of a chocolate chip cookie and find out it's cinamon raison. Love those too, it just isn't what I expected.