Top 10 Character Wishlist (5* Variant Edition)

Options
Daredevil217
Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

What characters already in the game would you like to see leap into the 5* tier that aren’t there already?

1. Bullseye
  2. Miles Morales
  3. Punisher
  4. Luke Cage
  5. Rogue
  6. Taskmaster
  7. Juggernaut
  8. Nick Fury
  9. Sabretooth
  10. Mister Fantastic

I’d love a new Stark but didn’t include him since he is represented. But if anyone could have and is due for a repeat, it’s him.

Comments

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,174 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

X-Force versions of Psylocke and X-23 (I'd take a Captain Britain Psylocke too)
    Mystique
    Sentry
    Punisher
    David Hasselhoff Nick Fury
    Richard Rider Nova (does this count? Because it's not Sam Alexander. Likewise I'd like a Hank Pym Antman)
    Eddie Brock Venom
    Miles Morales
    Mr Fantastic

• ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options

Namor, Miles Morales, Rogue, Beast, Cyclops

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 795 Critical Contributor
    Options

1-Agent Coulson
    2-The Thing
    3-Winter Soldier
    4-Scorpion
    5-Venom
    6-Human Torch
    7-Blade
    8-Sam Wilson
    9-Luke Cage
    10-Rocket & Groot

I guess my first four are one's I'd personally like to see at the 5* level whether it be because I like that character, feel they are deserving, or both. The rest would be more of a streamline wish list getting a 3,4, and 5* version.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

Some characters I really expected to get 5* tie ins to media but didn’t:
    Winter Soldier
    Shuri
    Namor
    Kate Bishop

Some characters who only exist at the 4* level is use more if they were 5*s:
    Nightcrawler
    Kraven
    Rogue
    Vulture
    Blade
    Flaptain
    Vision

• Kross
    Kross Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options

Not in the game, but I want Longshot. Nothing else.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Luke, Punisher & Iron Fist are all missing 5's to complete the set.

Rogue & Nightcrawler are missing from the "Classic 7" line-up of the X-Men (Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Kitty) and Beast from the originals

Taskmaster is a favourite of mine so would love with some 5* powers

Sentry seems an obvious candidate as does Blade

Rounding it out with Juggernaut seems a good place to stop. Oh wait...

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2023
    Options

Namor seems like the obvious one that should be present in the top level. Sentry too, I guess, although yawn.

It feels a bit off not to have the Fantastic Four represented and tgis would also be a great opportunity for some strong synergies (like if you play three of them and one is downed the fourth automatically joins the battle).

Personally I want Nightcrawler because cool. Similarly Vision who is also a genuinely powerful character and hasn't ben very well treated by the game to date.

Squirrel Girl has defeated just about everyone and should get that chance in MPQ too.

Taskmaster is a good shout for a final pick but I still have a nagging suspicion that Quicksilver could produce some really fun power options if given some thought, so him.

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1. Ikaris (Judgment Day)
    2. Jean Grey (Dark Phoenix)
    3. Spider-man 2099 (Across the Spider-Verse)
    4. Thor (Endgame)
    5. Void (Dark Sentry)
    6. Magneto (House of X)
    7. Zenpool (Marvel NOW!)
    8. Ghost Rider (Danny Ketch)
    9. Mystique (House of X)
    10. Scarlet Spider (Classic)
  • MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options

Said this in another thread... But a useable Venom would be nice. That God of light version that killed knull seems like a place to start

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,102 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

5 star Trion Juggernaut
    AoA Night Crawler
    AoA Sabretooth
    Sony Game verse Spider-Man
    P5 Namor
    Cosmic Ghost Rider
    Old King Thanos
    Rune King Thor
    Old Man Hawkeye
    War Machine Punisher

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

ROGUE
    Peggy Carter
    Polaris, just because I think it would be hilarious
    Iron Fist, Lin Lei
    Miles Morales
    Nick Fury
    Taskmaster
    Valkyrie, Brunhilde
    Gorr (comic accurate)
    Ant-Man, Hank Pym

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 178 Tile Toppler
    Options

I don't know the majority of the characters at this point, but it seems a bit silly to not represent Fantastic 4 (which I believe is it's own sizeable franchise) as at least decent characters. Personally, I'd rather they buff the 4star variants, but since they keep dumping new chars for the $$$, I'd say any one of, or all of, them.

I thought Vision was supposed to be pretty strong and I liked his concept waaaay back in the day, so perhaps him also. I also agree with some of the others people mentioned, so:

1. Fantastic 4, + Super Skrull
    2. Vision
    3. A non flamehead Deadpool (with fun bonuses like the other 2)
    4. Rogue
    5. Nightcrawler
  • Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2023
    Options

Awesome sequel.

I would say these are the ones I really want.

Punisher
    Iron Man ( I know he already is. But Cap has 2. So Iron Man should have 2, too. You are totally right and I have no qualms adding him. Superior, Extremis, Iron Patriot or Infamous would all work. And yes. I know 2/4 of those aren't Tony. )
    Miles Morales
    Void

While these are more filler characters I just think would be neat to say I made 10.

Winter Soldier
    War Machine
    Luke Cage
    Iron Fist
    Vision
    Psylocke

Edit: Just looked back at other's lists. 5 star Peggy would be amazing as she is the only MPQ OC that isn't a 5 star.

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options

Okay. So I have since watched Spider-verse again.

And realized something from it. I feel like of anyone, Jessica Drew really needs new variants. Isn't the current 4 star version of her for a costume she doesn't even wear anymore? And I am surprised we don't have her classic comic costume either.

I want a 5 star Punisher but I feel like she really needs a new look and maybe even a mild rework.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm happy to see all the Punisher wishes considering 3* and 4* aren't useful

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Well for everybody who wants a 5* Nightcrawler boy do Marvel have news for you... >:)>:)

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,330 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

Not true! Back in 2014, Punisher was top 5! Remember mischiefmaker's character rankings?

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/5093/character-rankings-3-2014-edition-the-results/p1

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@Punisher5784 said:

Not true! Back in 2014, Punisher was top 5! Remember mischiefmaker's character rankings?

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/5093/character-rankings-3-2014-edition-the-results/p1

Oh thanks for this! This is a fantastic summary of the state of the metagame back then!

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@Punisher5784 said:

Yes and 3* Punisher was once considered top tier 3* too, fast forward to today and neither are useful for their tiers. I recall a few Q&As ago that the Devs said 4* Punisher was one the lowest used characters. It makes me sad and stuff lol

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,330 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@rainkingucd said:

@Punisher5784 said:

Yes and 3* Punisher was once considered top tier 3* too, fast forward to today and neither are useful for their tiers. I recall a few Q&As ago that the Devs said 4* Punisher was one the lowest used characters. It makes me sad and stuff lol

Why's that?. Doesn't seem like Punisher is your favourite character if you only rank him #5,784 on your list