PSA: don't miss out on the Hellfire Gala goodies

Options
Domitronas
Domitronas Posts: 122 Tile Toppler

Sharing the link here just in case anyone missed it: https://d23.com/HellfireGala/

Scroll down to the MPQ section to claim the goods, as far as I remember it was 900 Patch shards, a costume for him, 20k iso and something else.

Comments

• superwaxley
    superwaxley Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options

Thanks buddy!

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

As an X-men fan, MPQ has earned some serious cool points for sponsoring this event and for the sweet costumes. Good stuff!

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 400 Mover and Shaker
    Options

The something else was 1000HP, super useful with that fan favorites vault still out there.

• LHammer
    LHammer Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options

I'm having trouble figuring out how to collect this from a browser for a Steam player. Is this just another one where we get shorted?

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options

@LHammer said:
    I'm having trouble figuring out how to collect this from a browser for a Steam player. Is this just another one where we get shorted?

I'm sorry to say but most likely yes :( On mobile it redirects you to the app if you have it already, or the app store if you don't. On PC, sadly, looks like it simply takes you to the d3go.com page :(

• TheGame32x
    TheGame32x Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Domitronas said:

@LHammer said:

I'm sorry to say but most likely yes :( On mobile it redirects you to the app if you have it already, or the app store if you don't. On PC, sadly, looks like it simply takes you to the d3go.com page :(

I was afraid that would be the case. That is just ridiculous.

• grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options

In the past when they have done freebies that only work on mobile, we were able to sometimes do a customer service request and get them on Steam that way.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You'd think they'd promote this on their official forums.

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Thanks for the heads up.

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,641 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

@TheGame32x said:

@Domitronas said:

@LHammer said:

I was afraid that would be the case. That is just ridiculous.

Welcome to MPQ on Steam and better get used to it, we always get snookered!
    When you open the "Download Now" link on mobile, the game starts and you get a bunch of goodies. For some reason, those things never work on Steam...

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Domitronas said:
    Sharing the link here just in case anyone missed it: https://d23.com/HellfireGala/

Scroll down to the MPQ section to claim the goods, as far as I remember it was 900 Patch shards, a costume for him, 20k iso and something else.

Thank you. 🙂

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Options

Didn't work for me, said all rewards have already been claimed... 😥

• marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Ed_Dragonrider said:

same here, where was the announcment wth, and no rewards were claimed too

• ph34rm3
    ph34rm3 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options

@marvel075 said:

@Ed_Dragonrider said:

same here, where was the announcment wth, and no rewards were claimed too

Unfortunately never got the Patch outfit, shame

• WeaponX092
    WeaponX092 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Ed_Dragonrider said:

Same here, got nothing. :/

• grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options

It's extremely poor form to offer this kind of thing to some, but not all.

Please figure out a way to offer these freebies on Steam, as well as making sure you don't "run out" of something that was meant as a free promotional item. This isn't the first time Steam users have gotten ****. In the past, we could do a support ticket and maybe get the freebie that way, but I got no reply to my ticket, and suspect I won't if you are "out."

Better yet, just give them to every account that logs in during a certain period. Anything else just makes those that miss out angry, which is the exact opposite of what a "free gift" promo should be doing.

• MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options

Yea this was weird. I also didn't get any because they "ran out". Seems shady, it's not like it was a physical item, so there was no stock to deplete. Not thrilled, but whatever... Just a dumb game that my dumb self keeps playing. I still find some enjoyment, but the fun is only had when I make sure to care less. Odd mentality to play a game that I have to semi-force myself to be content with, but alas...