500CP character purchase

Scofie
Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,297 Chairperson of the Boards

Just spotted Gwenom's offer:

Seems a lot better than Jeff's offer:

Was it always so? Or is it a "final day clearance sale" for Gwenom?

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

I got all excited when I saw the £1.89 price tag only to come crashing down to the reality of "Oh Scofie wasn't joking about the 500CP bit in the title".

• Scofie

@DAZ0273 said:
    I got all excited when I saw the £1.89 price tag only to come crashing down to the reality of "Oh Scofie wasn't joking about the 500CP bit in the title".

Ha! Yes, perhaps cropping them might have helped...

But an extra 75k Iso-8, 3 LL and 3 CTs is new, though?

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,184 Chairperson of the Boards

@Scofie said:

@DAZ0273 said:

New, but still not worth 500CP.

Price it at 250CP or even 300CP though…now that’s an offer to think about.

• Scofie

@BlackBoltRocks said:

@Scofie said:

@DAZ0273 said:

New, but still not worth 500CP.

Price it at 250CP or even 300CP though…now that’s an offer to think about.

Yes agree, even if they were Classics; LLs are a bit easier to acquire now to justify double the cost so a blanket 300CP is reasonable.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker

From what I recall that offer has always had those tokens in there for the Gwenom offer. I remember it sticking out when I scrolled down earlier in that week because the blue token stuck out to me since seeing it there was unfamiliar. I wonder if that’ll be the standard going forward.

• Scofie

@bigjojo04 said:
    From what I recall that offer has always had those tokens in there for the Gwenom offer. I remember it sticking out when I scrolled down earlier in that week because the blue token stuck out to me since seeing it there was unfamiliar. I wonder if that’ll be the standard going forward.

That was my thought but Jeff is next and back to normal. Unless it's a "1st time only" offer? Not sure how many times Gwenom has been in though.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 885 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2023

Like @bigjojo04 said it's been the offer for the entire time. I noticed it almost immediately but didn't want to draw attention to it like I've been doing with the DDQ crash character offer. Every time I would mention it, it was changed back. Still would like to know if it’s a mistake or not, maybe they're testing out a new econ model, or part of symbiote summer?

And yes, 500 cp to rich for my blood right now. Wouldn't be a wise investment of resources for my roster.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

It's not a wise investment for any roster.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

In games like this, you pay a premium to "buy out" RNG. It's almost never worth it, because that premium is always many many times higher than the regular cost.

Still, tons of MPQ players are willing to pay massive premiums for certainty, so I guess "worth it" is relative. I'd never do it. That's 25 pulls.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards

25 classic pulls but only 20 latest pulls if you happen to be trying to cover her while she is in latest.

On the other hand they are giving you back 6 pulls so its 19 classics or 14 latest that's the real cost (I look at the ISO as a throw in).

KGB

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler

With all the feeders and the increased bonus pack shards it is not definitely worth it from my perspective to buy out a single cover even if some iso and LL s are thrown in

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler

The same 500 cp can get u 20 LL s and they are giving 3 LL and 3 CL with definite cover mostly a pass for many

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

500cp for a cover is almost never worth it. 250 used to be good in a few cases if you really needed to finish building a meta character (e.g., buying an 11th or 12th okoye cover back in 2019). But that was pre shards and all the BCS era availability changes. I think it's hard to justify any direct cp purchase of 5* covers these days. Better use the favorite/bonus system and wait for vaults in almost all circumstances (or the frequent $ direct buys if you are not ftp).

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards

I misread the title as 5000CP and was very confused.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

The 250 CP for a Classic 5* is OK depending on the character. I've done this a couple times for characters I didn't have rostered and to finish SW

The 500 CP for Latest 5* makes absolutely no sense because I can probably pull what I need from opening LTs