"Glint of a Blade"

Venomous
Venomous Posts: 234 Tile Toppler

Well next hint for the 4 star is out and possibly Rex's feeder. And happens to be releasing alongside a Fan Favorites Legendary vault.

Yup. We're getting Silver Samurai.

Oh also Skrull support being added too for Secret Invasion fans.

Comments

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker

Which symbiote is the sharpest dresser?

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor

I didn't see a post about the fan favourite vault. any info regarding who's a favourite? I need more Dr Strange, Old man logan, and Kitty covers please

• Venomous

Steam patch notes have it all. Although it says "It’s time for a Fan Favorite Celebration! Join in the fun as we celebrate you the players!"

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2023

ah yep saw on android also.

oh man i hope this is a "pick your three" store.

but i shouldn't aim so high.

I'd settle with okoye, someone else, someone good

actually re-read it. it's time to stand down i think.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

Has it actually said there is a vault? The fans favourite could just as well refer to Silver Samurai as that is who the players voted for?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Whatever it is, it will disappoint people.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 487 Mover and Shaker

Yea sounds about right. Hopefully his release comes with an update to fellow sword-wielder and poll favourite Black Knight. The latest 3-stars are doing more damage than him.

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker

"Be on the lookout! Weird symbols are appearing in MPQ!"

It’s not a bug, it’s a feature.

• DAZ0273

@Ptahhotep said:

"Be on the lookout! Weird symbols are appearing in MPQ!"

It’s not a bug, it’s a feature.

Ha ha, I guess we are cynical on the forums!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Never forget the purple placeholder squiggle they had in the Doop PVP.

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards

My guess is it might be Ka-Zar, as someone who interacts with dinosaurs in the Savage Land. (not Mockingbird's corgi)

• DAZ0273

@ZeiramMR said:
    My guess is it might be Ka-Zar, as someone who interacts with dinosaurs in the Savage Land. (not Mockingbird's corgi)

Is that some sort of code?!?!?

I figure the clue would be more like "Not Tarzan, ha ha but actually Tarzan!" for Ka-Zar.

• ZeiramMR
    edited July 2023

@DAZ0273 said:

@ZeiramMR said:

I figure the clue would be more like "Not Tarzan, ha ha but actually Tarzan!" for Ka-Zar.

I don't know the comics context/timing, but Mockingbird:
    1) was a love interest of Ka-Zar (the human with ties to the Savage Land)
    2) has a pet corgi named after him (you can see the nametag on her dog in the alternate character select picture for Mockingbird in the game)

• DAZ0273

@ZeiramMR said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@ZeiramMR said:

2) has a pet corgi named after him (you can see the nametag on her dog in the alternate character select picture for Mockingbird in the game)

But how does that relate to the clue given?

• Venomous
    edited July 2023

As I said in my original post. This is likely Silver Samurai. The hint works for him, he was confirmed as a 4 star, and the “Legends” event it mentioned is likely to celebrate his release as he was the voted upon character. Maybe a vault like the Summer of Symbiotes or Independence Day where it contains him and Black Knight as they were the two winners.

• DAZ0273

Medusa was a previous winner too.

Best prize they could give us with Black Knight would be to start again with him. He is a hot mess.

• ZeiramMR
    edited July 2023

@DAZ0273 said:

@ZeiramMR said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@ZeiramMR said:

Ka-Zar has a knife. It's not a good mapping to the clue, but I figure if this is going to be the feeder between the two dinos (which it may not be), that's the best option I can think of that works with the clue. If not for this clue, I'd think maybe Sauron as the coming soon feeder?

• DAZ0273

@ZeiramMR said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@ZeiramMR said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@ZeiramMR said:

Ka-Zar has a knife. It's not a good mapping to the clue, but I figure if this is going to be the feeder between the two dinos (which it may not be), that's the best option I can think of that works with the clue. If not for this clue, I'd think maybe Sauron as the coming soon feeder?

Well it's not like we haven't had equally baffling clues in the past. 5* Doc Ock probably still keeping the title there.

Maybe it is Blade!

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,297 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:

Maybe it is Blade!

That would be the mother of reverse psychology for cryptic clues! 🤣

You can just make out a flash of him in the reflection of "symbiote Deadpool"'s shiny forehead....