Skrull Invasion Daily Plays!

MPQBlaine
MPQBlaine ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
edited July 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

Calling all agents! Skrulls have gone deep under (Comic) Cover in MPQ! Investigate, uncover and play with these invaders for epic rewards! 🔎

Players can search for new Skrull variant Comic Covers that have been swapped out for this event. Once you've uncovered the invaders, play 1 game with them to earn 1 Daily Play token to the "Secret Invasion Vault." New cover swaps will be added periodically until the end of the event so stay vigilant!

Happy hunting agents!

Comments

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker

What about the global community event? Can that announcement also be made in here? I don't think a lot ppl will see that post.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2023

@Codex said:
    What about the global community event? Can that announcement also be made in here? I don't think a lot ppl will see that post.

For some reason it was only posted under News & Announcements, which forum users barely go to because those posts are reposted in General.

The other problem with that post is it's missing the link to join the community challenge. The pop-up in-game is lost because there were 3 other pop-ups before it.

Here is the link: https://gleam.io/xjGbV/the-puzzle-quest-global-defense-community-challenge

Get your entries in! It resets every 24hrs!

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin

@Punisher5784 said:

@Codex said:

For some reason it was only posted under News & Announcements, which forum users barely go to because those posts are reposted in General.

The other problem with that post is it's missing the link to join the community challenge. The pop-up in-game is lost because there were 3 other pop-ups before it.

Here is the link: https://gleam.io/xjGbV/the-puzzle-quest-global-defense-community-challenge

Get your entries in! It resets every 10hrs!

Posted in General now. As well, it did have a link, through clicking the image itself. I've also added a link through the text itself too, for more clarity.

• Punisher5784

@IceIX said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@Codex said:

Get your entries in! It resets every 10hrs!

Posted in General now. As well, it did have a link, through clicking the image itself. I've also added a link through the text itself too, for more clarity.

Thanks Ice! Much appreciated

• Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 161 Tile Toppler

Gleam doesn't think I'm a person, so I failed the reverse Turing test.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,785 Chairperson of the Boards

@Punisher5784 said:

I wish they did just use the announcement forum for announcements! Half the front page in general discussion now is stickies and it's an awful browsing experience.

• Punisher5784

@Tony_Foot said:

@Punisher5784 said:

I wish they did just use the announcement forum for announcements! Half the front page in general discussion now is stickies and it's an awful browsing experience.

Agreed. There never used to be as many announcements plus they used to unstick in less days.

• Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 96 Match Maker
    edited June 2023

Players can search for new Skrull variant Comic Covers that have been swapped out for this event. Once you've uncovered the invaders, play 1 game with them to earn 1 Daily Play token to the "Secret Invasion Vault." New cover swaps will be added periodically until the end of the event so stay vigilant!

found a lot (sry no spoilers)(for all i know you might be a skrull, Agent) only got one token per day, not 1 token per cover. I might read the above wrong but was expecting more covers?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Yes, you're reading that wrong.
    I token per day.

• Wilger

@Bowgentle said:
    I token per day.

Thanks, too bad

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards

@bigjojo04 said:

@Tony_Foot said:

@Punisher5784 said:

You know you can dismiss them right so they no longer sit at the top of the forum. I always dismiss topics that no longer interest me so it doesn’t clutter the forum for me.

Honestly, I did not know you could do this. How is this done?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

I didn't know you could do that either! You just click on the three dots to the right of the post and hit Dismiss.

I dismissed all 1000 of the old announcements clogging up the front page, and now my forum experience is about 10% better! Thanks for the tip!

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor

@Wilger said:

@Bowgentle said:
    I token per day.

Thanks, too bad

Yes it makes it sound like you can get a token every time you find a character with a skrull cover. But where is the incentive to hunt if you can just use the same character over and over for the single daily token?

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 233 Tile Toppler

I think it could be much more fun to make 1 token per hidden skull for the whole event rather then 1 per day. Ofc it would give an edge to larger rosters but the "hunt" would make it more fun.

• Wilger

@pepitedechocolat said:
    I think it could be much more fun to make 1 token per hidden skull for the whole event rather then 1 per day. Ofc it would give an edge to larger rosters but the "hunt" would make it more fun.

yes this was my take too, now it is just another play with charcterX to get token, not much of a hunt

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor

It was a hunt for me on the first day, looking at the covers to see what changed. The wording on the announcement made me think that which characters would give a token might change during the event, with more cover changes.