OKTAGON Q&A Session - June 2023 *UPDATE (7/12/2023)

Options
Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,281 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2023 in MtGPQ General Discussion

Answers

1- When are you running the Jumpstart event again? I like the design of it and I still have about half of the cards to collect.
Answers: The event should run again soon, keep an eye on the Sneak Peek. Which Planeswalker did you choose so far?

2- Is there any intention of aligning the number of Mana Orbs and Mana Runes awarded for some cards? I've noticed that when duplicates are converted, the number of Mana Orbs awarded is higher than the number of Mana Runes. It feels like I'm being cheated out of Mana Runes. If this disparity is by design, can you elaborate as to why?
Answers: Thank you for your interest, check more details about the Booster Craffting here https://d3go.helpshift.com/hc/en/4-magic-puzzle-quest/faq/61-what-is-booster-crafting/

3- I have a conjoined question.Since we are playing against AI and there is no time restriction for a turn, could we add a ""pause"" button, during which we can 1) check the state of supports (the number of shields, the Level value, etc.); 2) disable some cards in hand from auto-casting (that would prove very useful for some objectives). A much weaker suggestion in the same line is to expand the Battle Log to provide the same kind of info. If I can't pause the game to check whatever I want to check, I want to see the same info in the Battle Log, whenever I get to access it. I mostly want to see supports' data: shields and Levels.
Answers: Thank you for your interest! We don’t have plans related to this at the moment, but we really appreciate you sharing your idea with us! If anything changes, we will let you know in the Forum.

4- The March of the Machine release was notably smaller, with no events, only one planeswalker, and many fewer cards than usual. Can you confirm if there is more of this set which will be released to MTGPQ, or if this reduced content is something that we can expect for new sets going forward?
Answers: Thank you for your question! The development team has been focused on some internal topics. There are some plans to look into the other Planeswalkers from March of the Machine (MOM), but we won’t be able to share any details yet.
We can definitely say that the smaller amount of total cards was an exception only.

5- Over the past several Q&A sessions, the community has asked a lot of questions. Most of them were answered with "Thanks, I will relay to the dev team" and then... lost in the void. Can we have an overview of the actual status of all these requests that were passed to the dev team? It would be nice to have this list updated every month when a new Q&A sessions is started.
Answers: We don't always have the able time to take suggestions and lots of them have appeared recently. We appreciate them because you bring up good ideas, but we cannot execute such ideas yet. Q&A is more of a place for us to answer questions related to what you might be curious about the development processes, and even though sometimes we can't yet share our thoughts due to confidentiality, we try our best to answer what we can.

6- Any way we can get the anniversary event cards again? Like akroma
Answers: Thank you for your interest. The card Akroma, Angel of Wrath is included in the Exclusive Card booster in the event Battle from the Ages. Keep an eye on the Sneak Peek. The event should run again soon.

7- I've noticed that there are far less Legacy Elite Packs in the vault recently. I'm used to seeing 2 or 3 separate sets on a weekly rotation but for awhile now I've only seen 1. This limits the players ability to collect Legacy cards that they're saving game resources for. Will we be getting additional Legacy Elite Packs in the vault like in the past so that players can improve their collection quicker? Thanks!
Answers: Thank you for your feedback! Usually, we set up a variety of Legacy boosters in the Vault throughout the month, going through all of the collections. Is there any particular collection you are most interested in?

Hi everyone,
How are you?
Here's another Q&A SESSION.
We will answer the questions posted by June 30th, so please send your questions and doubts to the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeYqub9Qek-ycIeX8mddiH9MPqudIxeRfiNECZRaKCHHxDBGA/viewform.
Make sure to submit only 2-3 questions maximum, this way the team is able to focus and will try to answer all questions in a given month.

Thank you for all the support,
Rebeca

Comments

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Have you cut the size of the dev team working on the game? It seems like less time and effort is going into game content and bug fixing than ever before

Question also submitted via web form

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Machine said:
    Over the past several Q&A sessions, the community has asked a lot of questions. Most of them were answered with "Thanks, I will relay to the dev team" and then... lost in the void. Can we have an overview of the actual status of all these requests that were passed to the dev team? It would be nice to have this list updated every month when a new Q&A sessions is started.

_Question also sumitted via web form___

Love this idea

• fishiwan
    fishiwan Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options

The link is up to submit questions for July, but there has been no response to the June questions yet. Having this forum constantly linked in game is becoming a farcical admission of neglect.

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Options

Hello @fishiwan ,
    We always close the Q&A on the last day of the month, so players have a longer period of time to submit their questions.
    After the end of the month's Q&A, the team takes an average of 2 weeks to answer all the questions, but this is not a rule, as the team's time availability can vary from month to month.
    As the response time can vary, we opted to start the next month's Q&A even before the responses, so that players have enough time to submit all their questions.
    By the way, the answers for the month of June will be posted soon, stay tuned!
    Thank you for your patience and understanding,
    Rebeca

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Options

(7/12/23) UPDATE - Answers
    Thank you all for participating 🧡, the July Q&A has already started here.
    Rebeca