Gem drop engine.

Options
Rant_Ent
Rant_Ent Posts: 68 Match Maker

Why greg do combo almost every turn. Sometimes really cheated with 3/5 same color gem drop. Or worse, after my move the gem drop give opponent a 5 gem move for free.

I Would check the starting gem oddities with multicolor pw, when a color is shared that color appear manifest less, and opponent color exits in evidence more frequencies.

Thank you.

Comments

• Rant_Ent
    Rant_Ent Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options

im the only one seeing this?

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,619 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Rant_Ent - no you are not the only one. Typically, the answer I have seen is that this is just RNG. So if this is the accepted reason, there is little feedback we can give you.

However, I have the sense that some events have a different gem drop engine (to use your term). In some events the cascades are significantly higher for both players, but as with all RNG it is impossible to collect a sufficiently large sample size and any “proof” no matter how statistically significant can be/are written of as “just a fluke”.

• ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 494 Mover and Shaker
    Options

There have been numerous threads on this. The short answer is that looking at the engine shows it is extremely randomized (Octal was the one writing about it I think). There are differemt settings to the AI though so in different events it can make better/worse choices.

Other than that we tend to remember the cascades against us more than the ones we get.

• Xibvert
    Xibvert Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options

@Tremayne said:
    @Rant_Ent - no you are not the only one. Typically, the answer I have seen is that this is just RNG. So if this is the accepted reason, there is little feedback we can give you.

However, I have the sense that some events have a different gem drop engine (to use your term). In some events the cascades are significantly higher for both players, but as with all RNG it is impossible to collect a sufficiently large sample size and any “proof” no matter how statistically significant can be/are written of as “just a fluke”.

It's not impossible it's just very boring to do. I've never seen statistically significant evidence rejected but I've also never see anyone present any either. Typically the arguments made by people who believe the gems drops are in some way biased are that they came to their conclusion based on their experience and the experiences of others they've talked to without an actual dataset and an explanation of how they collected the data so that others can check their methodology and analysis.