Why are we on a second week with old set rewards?

Options
QuiksilverHg
QuiksilverHg Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
edited June 2023 in MtGPQ General Discussion

This is the second week in a row where we are getting an older revolving planeswalk with an old event format and old rewards.

We just did a poll where a supermajority stated that they would prefer the most recent set almost always; and over 80% voted that they would prefer at least 3/4s of rewards be of the newest set.

You just said to julie in another post you’re trying to improve communication and responsiveness to feedback in the forum. We’re giving you the feedback and you’re constantly ignoring it.

Please be responsive to community feedback and stop giving us revolving planeswalker rewards that have already had their time in the spotlight and which most of us don’t desire anymore.

@Oktagon_Support

Comments

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2023
    Options

If I'm not mistaken, it's the third week already. BRO, DMU, BRO. We want the newer cards, @Oktagon_Support.

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hey guys,
    I saw the poll you took, and I really appreciate your feedback on this matter. But as I mentioned last time, we also have to consider new players and less experienced players who are still chasing cards from other sets. We understand and value your opinion very much, and as I said before, the newer set will still run longer and more times than the older ones; for example, DMU and BRO ran for a week each, and next week, we will have ONE again, which will probably run for 2 or 3 weeks.
    We know that many times the old events may not be interesting for you, who already have a very complete collection, but we cannot fail to consider that new players enter the game every day, and they need to have access to these experiences/rewards as well 😊.
    We know that the majority of votes in the poll were in favor of the newest set, and again I emphasize that we value your opinion very much. But we cannot forget that the active players in the forum, unfortunately, represent a small percentage in relation to the number of daily users and that we also need to consider the experience of those players who are not here to give their opinion.
    But please keep in mind that your feedback is precious to us, and we are doing our best to serve you and to give everyone a good experience with the game 🧡
    Rebeca.

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options

The easiest way for players to win games in BRO RevP, with it's "Cast 3 or more Artifact supports" objective in every node, is to play Danitha/BOSS combo. Even if new players did want cards from BRO packs, will they come back to the game after been beaten away by such a degenerate combo?

• Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options

This is what crafting orbs are for, and they'd get plenty to help catch up, if pulling dupes from the latest set!
    Hate to say it, but this seems to be a sneaky way of devaluing rewards, for new and veteran players.
    While Standard will now rotate every three years, I still consider the newest set as having the highest value- if only for the extra orbs...

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Smokincookz said:
    This is what crafting orbs are for, and they'd get plenty to help catch up, if pulling dupes from the latest set!
    Hate to say it, but this seems to be a sneaky way of devaluing rewards, for new and veteran players.
    While Standard will now rotate every three years, I still consider the newest set as having the highest value- if only for the extra orbs...

That does not sound right, if we are talking about a newish player.

• P0 who just started playing should not play events (maybe free events, but without cards achieving the secondaries it would be a slog, so I guess not).
    • If P1 had played for 3-6 months, how many cards would they have in their library, if they predominantly played story mode in that time? I would guess some Origins and a drizzle of cards from other sets (but wouldn’t they be mostly legacy?).
      Anyway, when P1 progress to events (and assuming P1 would win enough matches to get free booster packs) it would seem to me that P1 would get the most bang for his bucks, if he got cards he didn’t own already. Later on when P1 primarily get duplicates, strictly speaking the newest set would be best, however until then isn’t it cheaper to get new cards from packs than paying with orbs?

• so any player (without VIP) who has played at least 12-18 months would probably want newest set only, because they would most likely profit more from orbs.

So who should be prioritised? well, me of course, but sadly that is not likely to be the best for the MTGPQ.
    Sure I’m annoyed by poor prizes, but I’m so high up the ivory tower that I can’t see the ground any longer.

• khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Oktagon_Support said:
    Hey guys,
    I saw the poll you took, and I really appreciate your feedback on this matter. But as I mentioned last time, we also have to consider new players and less experienced players who are still chasing cards from other sets. We understand and value your opinion very much, and as I said before, the newer set will still run longer and more times than the older ones; for example, DMU and BRO ran for a week each, and next week, we will have ONE again, which will probably run for 2 or 3 weeks.
    We know that many times the old events may not be interesting for you, who already have a very complete collection, but we cannot fail to consider that new players enter the game every day, and they need to have access to these experiences/rewards as well 😊.
    We know that the majority of votes in the poll were in favor of the newest set, and again I emphasize that we value your opinion very much. But we cannot forget that the active players in the forum, unfortunately, represent a small percentage in relation to the number of daily users and that we also need to consider the experience of those players who are not here to give their opinion.
    But please keep in mind that your feedback is precious to us, and we are doing our best to serve you and to give everyone a good experience with the game 🧡
    Rebeca.

So the polls are a sham then and their results don't mean anything when implementing a feature. Got it. Thanks.

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options

If you wanted to improve the experience of the game for new players, you could fix some of the bugs in these months old events, like the "Deal 8 or more damage to a Creature" objective that isn't working, or the "Cast 3 or less supports" objective that isn't working.