Spider-Verse and Pride Daily Plays

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin

Hey all,

Seen some questions about Daily Play tokens for both Spider-Verse and Pride Month, and wanted to provide a bit of clarification.

Spider-Verse Daily Play Tokens
Tokens for this Vault will be available from 6/1 - 6/7. The characters usable for these are:

• MilesMorales
  • Spider-Ham
  • Spider-Man - Original, Bag-Man, Classic, Infinity War, OsCorp, Peter Parker, Back In Black
  • Spider-Man 2099
  • Spider-Gwen - Spider-Verse, Gwen Stacy, Gwenom
  • Spider-Woman

Pride Month Daily Play Tokens
Tokens for this Vault will be available from 6/8 - 6/30. The characters here are:

• America Chavez
  • BlackCat
  • Daken - Dark Avengers, Classic, Samurai
  • Deadpool - It's Me!, X-Force, Spirit of Vengeance
  • Hulkling
  • Iceman - All-New, Bobby Drake
  • Karolina Dean
  • Kate Pryde
  • Loki - Dark Reign, Alligator, God of Mischief
  • Mystique
  • Negasonic Teenage Warhead
  • Nico Minoru
  • Northstar
  • Psylocke
  • Valkyrie
  • Wiccan

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Technical problems giving out tokens for two vaults at the same time?
    Because letting Pride month start a week late is not a great look.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wait...Kate and Psylocke are both LGBTQ+?!?!? When did that happen?

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options

Thank you for this!!
    While I have seen the in-game list for the spider verse vault, I looked for info on the pride vault and couldn't find any. Was wondering if there was something wrong, but I guess the 6/8 start explains it.
    Thank you for clearing it up.

• Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    Options

Remarkably underhanded to repeatedly not mention that daily play tokens are coming until after people have started buying the vaults.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'm assuming the spider verse prize vault is 4 and done then. Unless I missed something.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Kwahder said:
    Remarkably underhanded to repeatedly not mention that daily play tokens are coming until after people have started buying the vaults.

I mean, unless you started playing this game yesterday, more times than not they’ve awarded daily tokens for using certain characters for most vaults so if you’re buying out vaults without waiting to see who to use for it that’s on you for not being patient.

For the 30 day vaults it’s almost better to just spend the HP to get all the 5* shards and save the dailies for post vault pulls anyway so I don’t really see a problem here.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You can always guess who to use for the vault based on the characters inside it.
    For the 30 day vaults it is better to buy it out as soon as possible so you get as many post vault pulls as you can manage.
    AAPI vault i had like 27 pulls, which resulted in a full cover for a 5*

• dxanders
    dxanders Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

Not sure about Psylocke, but Kitty was officially outed out as queer a couple years ago. I think there was a decent amount of subtext before that.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@dxanders said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Not sure about Psylocke, but Kitty was officially outed out as queer a couple years ago. I think there was a decent amount of subtext before that.

Seems like Betsy and Rachel Summers had (might still have?) a thing. I never knew Rachel was officially out either but I do remember Chris Claremont saying things along those lines in the past that she was never really meant to be straight.

Anyway - mystery solved! Happy Pride Month, Kate, Betsy and Rachel. :)

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@dxanders said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Seems like Betsy and Rachel Summers had (might still have?) a thing. I never knew Rachel was officially out either but I do remember Chris Claremont saying things along those lines in the past that she was never really meant to be straight.

Anyway - mystery solved! Happy Pride Month, Kate, Betsy and Rachel. :)

Honestly, I just thought it was because her last name was Pryde

• DAZ0273
    Options

Well that is as good as any answer I would have had! I am very out of date with the comic books.