How about a raffle / auction ..... ?

IamTheDanger
IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
What if D3 took one cover each month, like Human Torch, Invisible Woman, or X Force Wolverine, or who ever, ( or is it whom ever ? ), and held a raffle ?

Players could buy a "ticket" for like 100 hp. Then at the end of the month D3 randomly picks a ticket number. The player with the matching number wins the cover.
D3 would make a killing.

OR......
What if D3 held monthly, or even bi-weekly auctions ?

They can select a 3 or 4* cover and auction it off for hp. I personally would be willing to buy a bunch of hp just to get that last cover color I need to max out one of my 3* characters.
I know people leveling up too fast can be a real concern for D3, but it's only one cover a month that they would be giving out.

I know there are downsides to this and it will benefit some people more than others, but it's just an idea I had.

Comments

• Buying card packs is close enough to a raffle that I would not find such a feature interesting.
    Though an auction... let people pay what they think a cover is worth?? Let the players Value characters differently so one could potentially get Rag covers cheap while sentry covers could make a killing. The implementation would be key but this could be amazing.

What if in each PVP bracket (not global, oh my global auctions sound like insanity) there were 5 covers of each color of the featured hero for auction and when the event ends the auction closes, winners get their extra covers. For people trying to get their first cover the auctions may go well over 1250 HP while older stuff may well go for half that in calmer brackets.

D3 has set all 3* covers at an equal value, which is just totally false, and some are willing to pay the 1250 for new things, or to get the last couple of someone they like, but they would never pay anything for that Loki or Rags as it is now. If I could get a Loki for 200 HP I would spend it, and that is another 200 Hp they have gotten me to spend.