Danitha and Blade of Shared Souls needs a nerf.

Options
2»

Comments

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 336 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@gozmaster said:
    And honestly is the ONLY Combo I insta scoop to in events,

What about Ichormoon Gauntlet bug ^_^

• Janosik
    Options

@gozmaster said:

@Julie71 said:

@fishiwan said:
    The real issue is that this infinite combo requires only two rares, and the AI opponent can win with it effortlessly. Every player who plays the daily events will have these cards soon, and neither one will rotate out of standard for years. If these cards don't get nerfed, we will very soon see them in every match that they can be used.

they already are, and it looks like @okagon_Support will not be changing anything although they haven't made a comment publicly they have sent responses via in game support.

Do you have examples of their response (IE Screenshots) I find that hard to believe that they'll let this combo continue.

We do need some kind of official response, we're relying on rumors atm

The rumor I heard is that the devs consider Danitha/BOSS not to need a nerf because sometimes Greg decides to stop comboing before the loop timer kicks in and doesn't go infinite.

If that's true, it's really unfair? I hear about players losing games in events to enormous stacks of Danithas and rebels all the time. Meanwhile, last week, I has Danitha/BOSS combo played against me three times in a single game, and each time Greg just decided to stop comboing after he'd played just a few copies of each creatures.

• Psychomachia
    Psychomachia Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2023
    Options

May I remind you, @Oktagon_Support, that you guys willingly - and swiftly -
    nerfed the Angel of Suffering because @Julie71 pointed you towards ONE endless loop issue when the angel faced the planeswalker Angrath and his emblem was in play? What were the odds for that to happen regularly... Regardless, the nerf got implemented almost immediately.

And now you refuse to deal with an endless loop - despite numerous complaints and explanations from numerous different players - for which only two rare cards are needed, and for which you need to actually play only one of them...
    A loop that the AI manages to pull off perfectly every single time I encounter it... And I encounter it often. Daily, in fact.

Did your testing team, by any chance, forget to test said loop with decks which are actually designed around that loop? Or did they just throw those two cards together with random things (deck autofill, anyone?) and see what happens?

Sometimes the decision making and reasoning process within your company is beyond my grasp.

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hey everyone,

Firstly, I apologize for the delay in giving you an update regarding this issue. I know it has been frustrating for many of you, and I appreciate your patience and understanding.

The reason for the delay is that we were waiting for a response from our development team, who were in the process of evaluating whether any changes needed to be made. We wanted to ensure a comprehensive solution before releasing an update. Unfortunately, this took longer than expected, and for that, I am truly sorry.

I also want to thank all of you who reported the issue. Your feedback and bug reports have been essential in helping us identify and understand the problem. Rest assured that every report has been forwarded to our development team, who are actively working on finding a solution.

I understand that many of you were hoping for a fix in today's release, but I regret to inform you that the correction will not be included in this update. However, I want to assure you that our team is putting in their best efforts to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Once again, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. We appreciate your support and understanding, and we will keep you updated on our progress. Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
    Rebeca

• Janosik
    Options

@Oktagon_Support said:
    Hey everyone,

Firstly, I apologize for the delay in giving you an update regarding this issue. I know it has been frustrating for many of you, and I appreciate your patience and understanding.

The reason for the delay is that we were waiting for a response from our development team, who were in the process of evaluating whether any changes needed to be made. We wanted to ensure a comprehensive solution before releasing an update. Unfortunately, this took longer than expected, and for that, I am truly sorry.

I also want to thank all of you who reported the issue. Your feedback and bug reports have been essential in helping us identify and understand the problem. Rest assured that every report has been forwarded to our development team, who are actively working on finding a solution.

I understand that many of you were hoping for a fix in today's release, but I regret to inform you that the correction will not be included in this update. However, I want to assure you that our team is putting in their best efforts to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Once again, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. We appreciate your support and understanding, and we will keep you updated on our progress. Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
    Rebeca

Is this update the thing that crashed many players' apps to OS again today?

Thanks again from all of us for not having fixed this yet, especially the players playing Colors of Magic at the time: that crash is probably going to cost them so many places on the leaderboard that they'll lose out on a PMA card worth 250 crystals. As you know, Customer Support will only bump players up the leaderboard one single bracket due to a crash, which won't be nearly enough to compensate them for their loss.

• ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 494 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Janosik no this is about the DanithaBlade combo that needs fixing (but yes the crashes and Marisi too)

• Janosik
    Options

@ArielSira said:
    @Janosik no this is about the DanithaBlade combo that needs fixing (but yes the crashes and Marisi too)

Yeah, I know, but, several players reported a crash today, which seemed to be timed suspiciously close to the update being released... the update which was announced in the post by Oktagon_support above^

• gozmaster
    gozmaster Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Janosik said:

@gozmaster said:
    And honestly is the ONLY Combo I insta scoop to in events,

What about Ichormoon Gauntlet bug ^_^

That is a lot rare er as the one of them is an obscure master piece, and takes more time to set up

Also, Greg doesn't abuse it like a live person, so the honest point of it is, it's REALLY rare for Greg to pull off, let alone have access to....

But Danitha... Especially now that she's been made available in Fblthp... twice now, is only going to get worse...

It needs to be addressed asap, or it will get out of hand.

• gozmaster
    gozmaster Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Oktagon_Support said:
    Hey everyone,

Best regards,
    Rebeca

Thank you For the response Rebeca, I totally get that you guys are jammed with the new set launches, and frankly, I'm just glad they're taking a look at it.

You know me, I LOVE Me some combos, but this one is just too brutal for the AI to pilot, I don't mind losing, but it's hard to swallow a turn 2/3 loss as often as this deck does it.

thanks Again Support Team, I truly appreciate you guys!

• Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 545 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Oktagon_Support said:
    Hey everyone,

Best regards,
    Rebeca

Any new updates on this?

• Dragon68
    Dragon68 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options

I am wondering how phyrexian vindicator can do damage back if it has prevent damage? If it's taking damage to trigger its ability wouldn't lifelink on the attacking creature who also has prevent damage not have to trigger the?

• DAllofAbove
    DAllofAbove Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options

Nerf it. It doesn’t need to loop. Can we port cards from paper as is and avoid this?

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Oktagon_Support said:
    Hey everyone,

Best regards,
    Rebeca

Danitha is a pretty simple fix. All you need to do is make her trigger on casting instead of "enter the battlefield." No need for capping triggers per turn. Either that or changing the way copies trigger ETB effects. I like my first suggestion more.