You fall into the Dragon's Nest... you're screwed

Options
Wolftelope9090
Wolftelope9090 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
edited May 2023 in MtGPQ Events

There are hard events and hard fights, I get it... but this section of the You've Found an Entrance is just UNFAIR

Dragon's Nest is easily the WORST fight you can get into. "Mama Dragon" starts with a full hand, 4 cards with at least 5 mana, Tiamat on the field and an undestructable event that makes all enemy dragons enter hasted and reinforced and when you manage to kill one, a replacement (or up to 3, in Tiamat's case). They get replaced by a "token", more powerful (but mercifully non-reinforced) dragon. Worst offender is, when you get rid of a Green Dragon, FREAKING OLD GNAWBONE enters into the fray!! AAAAAAUUUUUGH!!!!

Somebody out there may say "Hey, you can play Leyline of Singularity and prevent the tokens". Yeah, I TRIED THAT ALREADY

Problem is, the replacement dragons get summoned first and then the "token" suffix appears. That makes the Leyline to miss the timing and it cannot save you from the dragons!!

Has somebody, anybody, ACTUALLY TESTED the fight before launching the event? Probably this event is 3+ years old at this date, but then... somebody has surely complained about it in this forum.

Seriously, this event NEEDS to be fixed.

And I thought that the Equipment Room before was trouble... Dragon's Nest is 100 times worse!!

At least Vecna is a fair fight if you arrive there with a maxed planeswalker... just run destruction-based removal and you're golden. But Dragon's Nest... is truly a pest.

Comments

• purvisa
    purvisa Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options

Disable and can’t attack are simple solutions.

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options

It took me several tries, but I beat it by zerging with Toxic creatures.
    Besides all the reasons it sucks listed by the OP, you can also add that once you beat it, you are stuck with it. Nothing new opened up for me after that very tough win.

• fox1342_2
    fox1342_2 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Kahmon said:
    It took me several tries, but I beat it by zerging with Toxic creatures.
    Besides all the reasons it sucks listed by the OP, you can also add that once you beat it, you are stuck with it. Nothing new opened up for me after that very tough win.

You don't have to just win, you also have to fulfill the secondary objectives, in this case cast 4 creatures with flying. Once you've done that you have Bard's Tale to complete and then all the levels open up for the remaining progression rewards.

My most amusing solution is to play with "Sandwurm convergence" which stops all opponents flying creatures from attacking. But the common "Sigarda's imprisonment" can also be very powerful here.

• Metroplex78
    Metroplex78 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options

True, everytime they run this event I try my best to skip that part by making sure I get Vecna's room instead.
    They should make it a fair fight, that means Mama Dragon does not begin with full mana to cast her cards.
    You can Sigarda the dragons but Mama will just kill and replace them with a new one, a very unfair fight if ever was one.