"New Men" pulls

Options
PiMacleod
PiMacleod Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards

Hey, I haven't posted anything here in a bit... but something told me to come back and post my pull results.

I like to make sure my pulls are public knowledge, in case the devs ever wonder what pull rates actually look like. ;)

Here it is...
https://youtu.be/Wr4S11hevho

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

For a short minute I thought to myself Hmmm...Banner covers. Then I made 5 pulls. 5 four stars. So then I went back to hoarding.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This is a really strong vault with 3 characters that are massively underrated.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Adam is great and currently boosted, I got him champed already. I dunno whether Banner is quite good enough to throw the CP at - I need 4 covers and am wary about getting carried away and blowing what I have worked hard to save. I am still tempted. High Evolutionary confuses the hell out of me but there is time for him.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

Some may consider these characters underrated. I don't.

This is an easy pass for me. My Banner and Adam can live at baby-champ status. And I doubt I'll champ HEvo at all.

• gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    Options

I pulled to get banner to 13 covers. Ended up with my warlock at 9 covers (he’s been slow to collect covers) and HiEvo at 4 covers +shards.

I’ll collect HiEvo over the next couple of months and he’ll eventually reach 13 covers and wait until others are champed first. Is Adam really worth pulling for? I have more than enough CP to go after him, but I don’t see using him much unless he’s boosted.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options

I pulled about 30 earlier, got 2 of each for hulk and Adam no HE

• gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    Options

That sounds like a solid vote for Adam. Who should he pair with?

• entrailbucket
    Options

Okoye, Apocalypse, anybody who can boost his AoE. Emma might work better than either. You have to boost AP into the match to achieve turbo speed, but his AoE is bigger than Hulk's and almost as easy to activate.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@gamecat235 said:

iHulk + Okoye/Apocalypse/Emma. The only characters who can stop or blunt that are Electro, Wanda, to a lesser extent Chasm.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2023
    Options

@gamecat235 said:

Everyone has suggested Okoye, but really that's difficult as he will always damage way above Okoye.

Personally I like half Thor and Domino. Thor will generate plenty of yellow so you can heal, and you'll get black from the cascades.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Don't overlook the "Adam needs packs" bit.
    We're talking a pack every match for low level Adams, otherwise he does pitiful damage, even with Okoye.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Don't overlook the "Adam needs packs" bit.
    We're talking a pack every match for low level Adams, otherwise he does pitiful damage, even with Okoye.

Yeah, I agree with this. I'd rather Hulkoye and a Thanos or a Strange or someone like that. Adam just does too much self-harm to not be a revive character.

• EienRyuu
    EienRyuu Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options

Hey, thanks for posting this, PiM.
    I'm not in the 5* territory but your videos have always been interesting to see at least what you get.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

I need covers for all 3 so this was an easy store for me to pull in.

I went 6/40 getting 2 Banner, 3 Adams and 1 HE.

I now have Banner covered, Adam at 10 covers (including shards)

KGB

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options

Since I'm done with all the Classics, I just pulled for a head-start on HEvo

16 pulls
    2 Adams
    2 HEvos

Good enough for me...

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,559 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I do like Banner, but got him at 465 and Warlock at 452 plus plenty of LLs waiting for Hevo already.

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options

I pulled to get some HEvo covers and some levels on Banner, who I really like when boosted. Adam I hardly ever use, even during this boost week I haven’t used him once. The results:

7/36
    0 Banner
    1 HEvo
    6 Adam

RNGesus has spoken…

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I only needed Hevo but it's been such a long time since I pulled for anything that I just did 10. Got 3 5s - 1 of each, so happy with that.

• entrailbucket
    Options

Just realized, Adam Warlock+ High Evolutionary could be a very silly combo. Adam does AoE damage based on his health...