Yondu's black won't fire; makes requiring firing it 25 times an insult to my game time.

Yepyep
Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor

I guess the title covers the issue. Maybe this is discussed in another thread, but I'm too tired and frustrated to look.

Comments

• DevpoolMPQ_BCS
    DevpoolMPQ_BCS ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 132 Tile Toppler

We looked into reasons that might be causing this and have some solutions in testing. If all looks good we'll roll out some improvements in the next data push that will improve this.

• dorkknight7669
    dorkknight7669 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2023

It won’t fire unless the enemy has 7 or less in a color. I used 5 star storm. Convert team up to black and the black charged tiles made relatively quick work.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards

Just change that power to a level 3 so that it will only drain up to 4ap instead of up to 7. I used 5* Jane and Storm to make more charged black tiles and then let the enemy team build up their ap a bit so I could fire it more often. Really easy.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker

@shardwick said:
    Just change that power to a level 3 so that it will only drain up to 4ap instead of up to 7. I used 5* Jane and Storm to make more charged black tiles and then let the enemy team build up their ap a bit so I could fire it more often. Really easy.

Already switched it to 3 with that in mind and it still wouldn’t fire for me with any kind of consistency.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards

@bigjojo04 said:

@shardwick said:

Already switched it to 3 with that in mind and it still wouldn’t fire for me with any kind of consistency.

It worked fine for me 95% of the time. The only time when it wouldn't was if the enemy had very little ap overall except for maybe 4 ap in one color then it wouldn't drain the ap from that color so I just waited a bit and let them build up more ap and it worked.

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor

I was able to finish and it wasn't as bad as I feared. It was terrible at first, hence my original post. With some practice, I learned to wait for the match to mature and then I was able to fire the power many times, consistently. So: apologies for a somewhat overly aggrieved first post. Things worked out fine.