5* High Evolutionary confirmed on twirrer!!!

Options
Phumade
Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards

Interested to see how they address meta issues in the current state of play. Does anyone know his color coverage?

Comments

• Phumade
    Options

Affiliations. He's gotta have:

1. Mutants, GOTG, Villians

anything else?

I wonder how much of a difference the KraKoa support will make for this combo

• hygge_hound
    hygge_hound Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options

No one knows anything yet. Except for the miners. And they keep that in their alliances.

• Phumade
    Options

@hygge_hound said:
    No one knows anything yet. Except for the miners. And they keep that in their alliances.

Well he's been publicly announced on an official source, so we should be free to speculate at this point on colors, powers, affliations etc..

I'm sorta wondering about feeders now. While they are strongly affilating him with GOTG, He's got as much history with the rest of the mutants. Literally anyone could feed him.

• hygge_hound
    Options

It's just pointless speculation though. You can guess what colors he uses (completely random) or feeders if you want. They'll probably announce all his specs in the next 24 hours, so all the guesses will be moot.

• Phumade
    Options

@hygge_hound said:
    It's just pointless speculation though. You can guess what colors he uses (completely random) or feeders if you want. They'll probably announce all his specs in the next 24 hours, so all the guesses will be moot.

I'm guess purple, blue for sure. I'll wager 1M ISO!!!!!!

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,404 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I guess he has a passive…if chasm is on the opposing team send him to Cleveland and let him fight himself out. (If a character is in Cleveland they will never come back)

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@hygge_hound said:

I'm way out of the loop (I left the few non-alliance rooms I was ever in), but the datamined stuff used to be everywhere, like to the point where I'd have to try to avoid it. Are they not doing that anymore?

• dianetics
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@hygge_hound said:

I'm way out of the loop (I left the few non-alliance rooms I was ever in), but the datamined stuff used to be everywhere, like to the point where I'd have to try to avoid it. Are they not doing that anymore?

I thought they previously had a leak on the inside? Once the dev teams switched the "datamined" stuff disappeared. Maybe I'm wrong?

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dianetics said:
    I guess he has a passive…if chasm is on the opposing team send him to Cleveland and let him fight himself out. (If a character is in Cleveland they will never come back)

Instantly and permanently downs friendly and enemy character when they are the same character.

Come to think of it, that would be insane. You could effectively turn every single PvP match into a 1v1.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@dianetics said:

@entrailbucket said:

@hygge_hound said:

I thought they previously had a leak on the inside? Once the dev teams switched the "datamined" stuff disappeared. Maybe I'm wrong?

Oh not at all! We can't talk about specific details here (please mods tell me if this crosses a line), but all the character details are in the game's files in plain text, if you know where to look. The "dataminers" aren't doing anything difficult.

I always thought it was bizarre that the devs really didn't bother trying to hide any of that stuff -- the folks going through the code can usually see the identities and powers of the next 3 or 4 characters. I also never understood why they didn't push fake stuff down to mess with them.

• dianetics
    Options

I had a small group of friends that mined WoW back in the day, but I was surprised that the "surprise" guesses disappeared from the forums right after BCS took over.
    There were plenty of people previously that would just throw a name out and not explain anything. That all stopped after BCS, so I assumed someone inside had loose lips that would confirm whatever.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You're very wrong.

• hygge_hound
    Options

I doubt there's much the devs can do to prevent data mining. They know who does it, but there's no consequences for those players.

I'm guessing it's a combo of not caring, not being able to prevent it anyhow, and not wanting to punish certain Whales. Bowgentle certainly knows who they share probably several rooms with. Not that he can control what other players choose to do.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 377 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2023
    Options

On whose twitter was this announced? Not saying it’s wrong but it’s not on their official twitter unless they deleted the tweet

Nvm, i saw it on insta too he’s just in the background didn’t seem him hiding there in the image.

• entrailbucket
    Options

Well, without getting too deeply into the details, they could prevent it fairly easy by not putting character powers in easily-readable plain text, in whatever files those guys look at, so it's not that they can't stop it.

You'd just have to assume they don't care about it, or they don't particularly mind. They basically make zero effort to conceal any of it.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options

Heh. Twirrer.

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options

Hope he's good or LLs is going to be pretty meh for a while once a couple currents rotate out

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Phumade said:

@hygge_hound said:

Well he's been publicly announced on an official source, so we should be free to speculate at this point on colors, powers, affliations etc..

I'm sorta wondering about feeders now. While they are strongly affilating him with GOTG, He's got as much history with the rest of the mutants. Literally anyone could feed him.

I'm no data miner nor would I have time for that, but if I were to guess on his feeder...

4* Rocket and Groot doesn't feed anyone and is long overdue for one ;)

In GOTG 3, it shows how the High Evolutionary made Rocket the Racoon. So these 2 definitely have a solid relationship based on the MCU.

Calling it now: :D

3* High Evolutionary --> 4* Rocket & Groot --> 5* High Evolutionary

• Phumade
    Options

OMG if its 4* R&G, then alot of the old timers are gonna be stacked on release day. I hope he's meta.

FWIW I do believe that the debut events are better and more informative when we get to use a well developed 5* vs a low health 1/1/1 build that doesn't really highlight the powerset or gameplay mechanics

• Phumade
    Options

@Phumade said:

@hygge_hound said:

I'm guess purple, blue for sure. I'll wager 1M ISO!!!!!!

Colors:
    Purple, blue, black == somehow that seemed obvious. glad I got 2 of them right

Affiliations:
    Villains, Geniuses, Technologists, Enhanced, Cosmic
    == surprised no GOTG or Mutant affiliation. I had to reference back to Marvel Wikipedia and they don't have that affliation either. But the rest are reasonable affiliations. I'm interested to see how they develop this aspect of the game.