Options
slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,222 Chairperson of the Boards

thank you

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,843 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Do you mean when will we get Support shards that can be used to increase tier rankings? You can level up Supports right now with Red Iso.

The answer is: Nope UNLESS you mean something else in which case the answer is: Uhm...

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Go ask in the Q&A

Hound just assumed that out of thin air, they never confirmed that this is the plan at all.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 714 Critical Contributor
    Options

I miss hound of shadows positivity here on the boards, he was always so upbeat and willing to listen to other people's opinion.
    He seemed great.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    I miss hound of shadows positivity here on the boards, he was always so upbeat and willing to listen to other people's opinion.
    He seemed great.

That's why he got banned right? He was just too super upbeat and positive for the forums and only the negative and hate filled "players" are allowed to exist here.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    He seemed great.

That's why he got banned right? He was just too super upbeat and positive for the forums and only the negative and hate filled "players" are allowed to exist here.

My sarcasm detector broke when I opened this thread :(

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,843 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hound never despised all the players, just the ones that weren't him.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,343 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Was Hound actually banned? Or just not posting any more?

• JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Go ask in the Q&A

Hound just assumed that out of thin air, they never confirmed that this is the plan at all.

In fairness to Hound, S0Kun did confirm that that it was the plan to introduce shards in the 'New Supports Experience Blog' thread: "More specific info to come, but the base idea is that you'll be able to get Shards of Supports, and when you get enough Shards, you can use some to rank up the Support to the next rank."

Regarding timescale, it was stated there would be a phased roll out of support features. SoKun mentioned a period of "around 6 months for a relatively full roll out". But that was a month ago, nothing seems to have happened since.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,229 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@JimboJambo said:

@Bowgentle said:
    Go ask in the Q&A

In fairness to Hound, S0Kun did confirm that that it was the plan to introduce shards in the 'New Supports Experience Blog' thread: "More specific info to come, but the base idea is that you'll be able to get Shards of Supports, and when you get enough Shards, you can use some to rank up the Support to the next rank."

Regarding timescale, it was stated there would be a phased roll out of support features. SoKun mentioned a period of "around 6 months for a relatively full roll out". But that was a month ago, nothing seems to have happened since.

That was my understanding too so Hound would have been correct in his suggestion.

Also, let's not jump on posters or their opinions when they are not able to defend their positions.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Ha ha, no offence matey but that one is hilarious considering Hound's constant use of the generic phrase "players" when he was very specifically referring to individuals on this forum. He used this tactic to avoid moderation for years. But I am being rude, how would he have put it - something like this:

If the players want shards for Supports what are they willing to give up in return? Their first born child? No the players expect the Devs to be able to give Support shards for free without blood sacrifice of children. This is a player expectation problem, not a blood sacrificing one.

Sacrifice is always a good choice provided :
    1 . you are the one sacrificing something and
    2. I am getting the benefits of your sacrifices

That is how democracy works right ?

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,229 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

None taken! I am just here to enforce rules and enjoy pop culture references. And occasionally diffuse squabbling. Which there has been less of recently (entirely unrelated to any contents of this thread)....

• Bowgentle
    Options

@pepitedechocolat said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    Ha ha, no offence matey but that one is hilarious considering Hound's constant use of the generic phrase "players" when he was very specifically referring to individuals on this forum. He used this tactic to avoid moderation for years. But I am being rude, how would he have put it - something like this:

If the players want shards for Supports what are they willing to give up in return? Their first born child? No the players expect the Devs to be able to give Support shards for free without blood sacrifice of children. This is a player expectation problem, not a blood sacrificing one.

Sacrifice is always a good choice provided :
    1 . you are the one sacrificing something and
    2. I am getting the benefits of your sacrifices

That is how democracy works right ?

I think that's how cults work, but what's the difference anyway.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,058 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

@LavaManLee said:
    Was Hound actually banned? Or just not posting any more?

Banned. No official announcement via a posting but if you click on his username in any thread it says 'this user is banned'.

To be honest, I miss his postings and videos on team suggestions and new characters. Those were actually useful. He probably just needed to be banned from the 'General Discussion' sub forum.

KGB

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Go ask in the Q&A

This was my question for the month.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Ah, I did not check :)

• DevpoolMPQ_BCS
    DevpoolMPQ_BCS ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options

Will answer it when I get the Q&A, but leveling up supports is an in-progress feature that optimistically won't land until later in the year.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DevpoolMPQ_BCS said:
    Will answer it when I get the Q&A, but leveling up supports is an in-progress feature that optimistically won't land until later in the year.

It's later in the year than when you posted this. Is it ready yet? :)

You're older than you've ever been...
    and now you're even older...

And now you're older still.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,343 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@sambrookjm said:

@DevpoolMPQ_BCS said:

It's later in the year than when you posted this. Is it ready yet? :)

And now you're older still.

It's a tangent, but anyone who can post those They Might be Giants lyrics deserves hundreds of "Likes". Well done!

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,519 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DevpoolMPQ_BCS said:

So it won't actually work until next year is what you are saying.