DDQ Emma Frost vs. Karolina Dean

Options
qandols
qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

Something must be off here. Karolina went airborne a couple of moves in to the fight and stays there indefinately it seems. There is no CD tile. How are we supposed to win this fight?

Edit: I quit the fight and restarted. Now it worked and K. landed when the CD went off. Strange bug.

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options

I had the same thing. Apparently if there's no CD to end her being airborne, she's stays airborne indefinitely.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah I thought that was just me. If you leave the tile out, she’ll come back. But the first time she went up I matched it and thought she’d drop back and had to retreat

• qandols
    Options

Another bug?

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,129 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This has been raised in the bugs section and I've tagged Devpool to escalate it quickly.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/88447/carolina-dean-not-returning-from-airborne#latest

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,287 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The first time she went airborne, I used Psychic Meddling to disable Karolina's powers. Evidently it disables her "return from Airborne" function as well, as she never came down, even with the CD out and then even after it expired

• qandols
    Options

Ha, that could explain it.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options

Just wait until Taco Tuesday, I guess.
    Assuming that is still a thing this week...

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Just tested it in Simulator - I think the bug is with Emma since sending Karolina airborne with chasm/hulk on either side and matching away the CD didn’t have her stuck. I think the post above mentioning the Frost purple cast is the culprit.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options

@rainkingucd said:
    The first time she went airborne, I used Psychic Meddling to disable Karolina's powers. Evidently it disables her "return from Airborne" function as well, as she never came down, even with the CD out and then even after it expired

This is exactly what happened to me. Fired purple and Karolina flew forever.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,287 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@St_Bernadus said:

@rainkingucd said:

This is exactly what happened to me. Fired purple and Karolina flew forever.

I kept going and got my strike tiles buffed to 25K before I finally quit

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You know what -- I can't even blame them for this one, that's hilarious. I'm actually surprised Emma's ability hasn't broken more stuff. It's a weird, powerful effect that interacts with a ton of powers across hundreds of characters.

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Came on to post the same thing, I wasn't paying much attention so played for a good 5 mins before realising she wasn't coming back!

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    You know what -- I can't even blame them for this one, that's hilarious. I'm actually surprised Emma's ability hasn't broken more stuff. It's a weird, powerful effect that interacts with a ton of powers across hundreds of characters.

I can't help but think that's because very few people are using Emma

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I remember, years ago, asking someone at Demiurge for a character that does that effect, and their response was basically "we can't ever do this because it breaks a ton of abilities, we'd have to recode half the characters in the game."

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wonder who else the power might break?

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@LavaManLee said:
    Wonder who else the power might break?

Her purple might break Vulture too. Or maybe someone Kang has sent away might never come back.

KGB

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Why is Emma even facing Karolina? What history do those two have?

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

The bug I experienced is firing her black, she fortifies basic tiles and after that she exits from diamond skin because of unknown reasons.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,129 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Bad said:
    The bug I experienced is firing her black, she fortifies basic tiles and after that she exits from diamond skin because of unknown reasons.

I had the same but since I rarely use her, I re-read the powers. She exits Diamond Skin if there are no fortified friendly special tiles.

• EienRyuu
    EienRyuu Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options

Meh, I didn't let Karolina go air. xD Once I had the purple, I fired it so she had AP on everything but couldn't do anything. The only thing she could do was to match. And god, the AI was giving her more than one 3-match. She quite depleted the health of my Emma. Well, she is only 3/2/2 though....

Spidey wasn't such a problem. He didn't get such matches.