Technical forum questions

Options
Zarqa
Zarqa Posts: 262 Mover and Shaker

Not sure where else to post this other than here, but I have two technical questions about this forum.

1) a few weeks ago, the parent threads on the main page stopped organically updating (from bold to non-bold) when I finished reading all post on that sub. Has that happened to others as well? Any idea how I can fix this? I loved loading the main forum page and immediately see which subs had new posts since my last visit, and now that doesn’t work anymore. I have to go one layer deeper to see if there are new posts using the bold/non-bold flags.

2) if I am on a long thread (like dozens of pages long), is there a fast and easy way to get back to the first post of the thread? Now I manually edit the url to delete everything past the #, but surely there most be a faster way?

Thanks for any insights anyone might have!

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,959 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's working fine for me. I use Firefox on my PC and Chrome on my phone and I can switch between one and the other and it always knows which threads I've read and which ones I haven't and bold/black vs grey is correct.

I can only suggest that you try logging out (if you stay logged in) and see if the browser you are using needs an update. On Firefox for example CTRL-F5 does a full reload of a page removing and cached data. You might try clearing your cache too if the log out/log doesn't fix it.

KGB

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Zarqa said:

2) if I am on a long thread (like dozens of pages long), is there a fast and easy way to get back to the first post of the thread? Now I manually edit the url to delete everything past the #, but surely there most be a faster way?

The advice given to me by S0kun was:

The easiest way is to add a "/p1" to the end of the URL.
    i.e. https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/3642/s-h-i-e-l-d-resupply-list-daily-rewards/p1

Hope that helps.

On Q1 - I'm not sure unfortunately. I do this mostly on a phone, so the only time that happened to me was when it logged me out. Logging back in sorted it.

• Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2023
    Options

It’s doing the same thing to me after working this morning. I am on an iPhone.