5-Star Favorite Shards

Options
BoyWonder1914
BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor

As a returning player, I first want to say that the increased focus on feeders is an incredibly welcome change. I also love that newer 5-stars are available as progression rewards in Boss Events, as opposed to just a token to a special vault where you had to hope to pull them.

With that said - unfortunately the dilution problem still exists, and the Classic Legends pack still feels like a dark hole for CP if you really like a particular character that you may have missed out on, or just want more covers of. The proposed solution to this has been Bonus Shards - and while I do think it is a step in the right direction, I think there are a couple of issues with this as it stands:

1) You only receive the Shards for pulling from the Latest or Classic/Special Legends store.

This is counterproductive to the only tried-and-true method of covering 5-star characters, which is hoarding CP/Tokens. You only get shards when you're pulling from the store, but you need to save CP/Tokens to be able to pull from the store in the first place. In other words, you don't receive a regular income of these shards otherwise, and have to break a hard-earned hoard to get them. You regularly earn 3 & 4-star bonus shards from just playing the game, as there generally isn't a need to hoard Heroic, Elite, and Mighty Tokens.

2) You only receive 3 Shards at a time.

Assuming no Bonus shards, this is ~ 166 pulls before you've even earned one cover, which just feels unnecessarily high. This is compounded by issue #1 - as again, people are generally hoarding their tokens/CP for better chances, and those are the only two stores where you can earn the shards. 4-star shards can be earned from Heroic, Mighty, and PVP store pulls, which the game is not stingy with at all.

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS:

• Daily Milestone 5-star Shards: I don't think adding say....10 5-star shards here as part of the daily milestone would hurt anything. I'm flexible on the number, just SOMETHING that players can earn on a constant basis as opposed to them being locked behind special offers or requiring hoard busting.
  • Increased Bonus Shards: I think bumping up the shards to 5 per pull as opposed to 3, also wouldn't break the game. Players could then reliably earn a cover with every 50 pulls instead of 160+. Still takes work and patience, just not half a year's worth.

Would love both options but I'd take even just one! In either case, thanks for reading.

Tagged: