AI Ares cheats on AP usage

2»

Comments

• I posted this on another thread, but since the topic is ongoing I'll repeat my experience.

I start a PVE match. I don't remember the lineup but I know there were no goons, just Juggernaut and two other Dark Avengers. My first turn - I make a match. The computer's first turn - Headbutt.

0 AP in all colors. 0 matches made. That's some tinykitty right there.

I can confirm that this bug still exists, it's strange that they don't care about fixing it.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daige wrote:
    I posted this on another thread, but since the topic is ongoing I'll repeat my experience.

I start a PVE match. I don't remember the lineup but I know there were no goons, just Juggernaut and two other Dark Avengers. My first turn - I make a match. The computer's first turn - Headbutt.

0 AP in all colors. 0 matches made. That's some tinykitty right there.

I can confirm that this bug still exists, it's strange that they don't care about fixing it.

Atleast one of the MPQ articles on Venturebeat spends some time explaining how one of the design tenants of the game was to ensure people would continue to be pulled out of their comfort zones while playing the game, so that the game can succesfull monetize on items that can provide players (the illusion of) additional 'security' to get them back into those comfort zones.

A bug (or depending on who you are asking: a 'not-intended-to-be-discovered' feature) like this serves to make the AI less predictable, which means it makes players more susceptible to unexpected wipe-outs and provides greater incentive for boost sales (to give you better odds and thus offer more 'security' during a match) or health pack sales (to get you back in the game quicker and thus offer you more 'security' in continued play time).