Where do you get your MPQ info from?

Options
Alfje17
Alfje17 Posts: 3,566 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

Almost every week there is a discussion on why information on this game got posted somewhere and not on this forum. That often ends with people complaining that they don't use this or that and they feel left out.
So, simple question: where do you get your MPQ info from (only one answer allowed, so pick your main source)?

edit: not much I can do about sampling bias, a poll with multiple answers would be better and if I used another platform I'd post the same poll there as well. Also, I never used Line, so sorry for not including it.

Where do you get your MPQ info from? 55 votes

This forum
67%
TheVultureentrailbucketPunter1JangoLorePunisher5784tonypqMoosePrimeKGBAlfje17JaGorevskipBubba3210BorstockqandolsHistamielPtahhotepRhipfFirst311BzhaiMackDan1 37 votes
Reddit
1%
Carnifex 1 vote
Discord
9%
Chipster22Tony_FootskittledaddyJormagundWyntre 5 votes
Twitter
0%
Facebook
0%
In-game pop-up
5%
Nightglider1CodexNero 3 votes
Alliance chat
3%
Phumadepezse 2 votes
Other
12%
KolenceDaredevil217DAZ0273helix72TimemachinegoAdeptusRevoltOGAlphateam 7 votes

Comments

• JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This forum

And reddit

• Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Discord

I usually check Discord and these forums. Also Reddit occasionally especially for Puzzle Gauntlet hints.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This forum

Front page of AOL bro.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I wish it was here, but it's LINE, mostly.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options

By posting it here, you’re going to get the Forums as the main answer. If you would post it on Reddit, that would likely be your main answer. There’s some bias in the poll due to where you post.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Other

I'd prefer it to be here also, but yeah it's Line because someone there is more likely to see it on one of the thousands of channels they release info through that aren't here.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alliance chat

i get my info from Line as well. but voted alliance chat. For some reason I forgot there's an actual chat tab in the game, and assume alliance chat == line alliance room. hahahaha.

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Other

Voted other because I get info from several of the offered answers. Forum, discord, alliance chat (discord), line and reddit.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This forum

Here because those who frequent the other places info is given out dutifully post that info here so ultimately this is my one stop place for everything even if it's not always the 1st place.

KGB

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Equally Reddit and forums for me. Forums has more comprehensive info, while the big things are easier to first-glance on reddit. So I stop on reddit first, then hit the forum for details.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This forum for official information and reddit for dev's conversations with players.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other

Scofie.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 387 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Thanks for doing this! I'm going to post a poll on Twitter tomorrow to see if we can get more people to vote in.

• grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This forum

I also sometimes climb this mountain and on the northern slope there is a blue flower. If I take that flower to a temple it gets ground up and when inhaled it shows me visions of what’s going to happen in MPQ for like the next week or so.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I actually think there would definitely be a divide between long time veterans and newer players. Anyone who has been playing 2+ years had been conditioned by D3 that the Forums were THE place for news. This was the spot that you went to first to find out anything new that was happening. They popped up now and then in Discord but that was about it.

Towards the end of their reign, D3 kind of stopped communicating anywhere and then BCS came in. BCS started with the Forums but seemed to have drifted elsewhere. So newer players didn't have the same impetus or need to check the Forums like us old timers do.

Anyways, it would be very interesting to see the breakdown of this based on longevity of the player. And, also, not just where do you get your news but where do you expect to get your news.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This forum

I can't tell if this is me being pedantic or if this is actually important information, but I feel compelled to clarify the difference between a game developer and a publisher.

It's basically the difference between a book author and a book publisher. The developer is the author of the book/game. In MPQ, they're responsible for writing the code, designing characters, creating new features, etc.

The publisher is the one who monetizes/sells the game. I'm not totally clear on what that means for MPQ because it's not for sale in a traditional sense, like a AAA console game. I assume they handle interactions with the app stores and collecting all the revenue. They also do the marketing.

In the case of MPQ, D3 was the publisher originally, and Demiurge was the developer. Currently the developer is BCS and the publisher is 505 Games. 505 purchased D3 last June, while BCS inherited, maintains, and extends the code that Demiurge originally wrote.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This forum

D3 then = 505 now. For our purposes it's just a name change.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alliance chat

@entrailbucket said:
    D3 then = 505 now. For our purposes it's just a name change.

I wonder if this means we can have forum Bans re-evaluated.

• OGAlphateam
    OGAlphateam Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options