"Changing The Game" Puzzle Node (Legion)

Options
BoyWonder1914
BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor

Umm....what exactly are you supposed to do here? None of the characters that they allow you to use create SAP tiles:

Wolverine (X-Force)
Elsa Bloodstone
Wiccan
Hulk (Indestructible)
Black Widow (Grey Suit)

It looks like CD tiles count as well, but Hulk has to take a hit he wont survive to generate one, and it would settle before you got to match it anyway. Wolverine you have to hope you can get 6 yellow AP within two turns, and then be able to match it before the Tug of War tile expires. Am I missing something here?

Tagged:

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,404 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Its a literal **** shoot, just let Legion do his thing and hope he matches less than you do.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Equip a support that generates a SAP or CD at the start of the turn.

KGB

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options

Use the Chewie support

• CouchPanda
    CouchPanda Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options

try taking a polaris team up and firing it off as can stun him and get a hit in, or match the tug of war to reset it and give legion a chance to start generating special tiles to match

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options

@skittledaddy said:
    Use the Chewie support

Yeah, that's how I did it. Alternately, if you don't have that support you could set Legion up to make green matches. If he gets 6 green AP he will fire his power which creates repeaters that make attack tiles. You will probably have to get lucky and be able to match the 1st instance of the tug of war tile because you can't survive even a single one of those going off. Might mean a lot of retreating to make that happen though. Definitely an annoying puzzle.

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options

Thanks all, was able to figure it out!

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,404 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I just finished it (I didn't realize this event was running). It does not matter who you use, just let Legion cast on of his multi-turn abilities quickly. If the CD gets to 1 and its not in your possession retreat and try again. This literally took me 3 retreats to clear it with no damage taken.

You just need 2 CDs resolutions for a win.

Don't waste your time, if you wont get the first cd retreat and try again.

• MirrorKnight
    MirrorKnight Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options

Wiccan's yellow made this fairly straightforward

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options

@revskip said:

@skittledaddy said:
    Use the Chewie support

Yeah, that's how I did it. Alternately, if you don't have that support you could set Legion up to make green matches. If he gets 6 green AP he will fire his power which creates repeaters that make attack tiles. You will probably have to get lucky and be able to match the 1st instance of the tug of war tile because you can't survive even a single one of those going off. Might mean a lot of retreating to make that happen though. Definitely an annoying puzzle.

How hard does your ToW tile hit? Mine hits for 17,795, meaning my 4s (even my lvl 310 Elsa) can all survive one hit with it.

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2023
    Options

Mine was hitting for over 30k on that node. One shotted everybody I could use.

Edit: I just looked it up. It was doing exactly 32462.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It varies, depending on your mmr. I have two accounts.

I alwayd use chewie for this node.

• Siv75
    Siv75 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    edited March 2023
    Options

Strange. I matched a charged tile and it did not swing the tug of war tile my way.

I finally got it going in with the chewie support and squirrel girl team up. Need to hit him twice to win this.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Charged tile is not special tile.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This one isn't as bad as some of the other ones. Legion has a bunch of powers that place special tiles, so he'll help you out if he casts stuff.

• WeaponX092
    WeaponX092 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2023
    Options

I solved it with Wiccan.
    Two attempts at the Legion node and one attempt at the Carnage node, equip Sanctum Sanctorum to spawn yellow at the start of the battle.

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

I used Elsa and Carol’s communicator. Worked second time around.

Btw, my tokens for the event showed up, but when I clicked to redeem them, the number just disappeared without any feedback. This happen to anyone else?

Edit: They popped up after about 30 minutes. Odd, but I got my RISO…

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options

Don't know if it's okay to mention another site here, but reddit has a mega thread on puzzle gauntlet.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2023
    Options

Got bored and tried some "work arounds." Kang sending everyone away doesn't work for the tug-o-war games, but dropping whales worked no problem. If you're like me and have a seemingly endless amount of Deadpool points, it's a lot quicker to get 14 purple than grind some of these nodes out.

Edit: wrote without testing all nodes. Whales doesn't work on Nightcrawler. He's very sneaky.