Daredevil 217’s MPQ 5-Star Analysis & Rankings Guide (Updated: 08-27-23)

Options
2»

Comments

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 211 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Djbob101 said:
    So this guide has everyone but the 5 stars who were after Jeff? So High Evo, Spider Gwen, VenomDino, and Omega Red Right. I think High Evo is pretty good. Massive health pool that can be constantly upgraded more and more. He is very fun imo. I really like him and his 3* version. I think Spider Gwen isnt good at all. I think her abilities cost 2 much. and that purple is very wierd and feels useless when there are other web tile makers in the tier that can make web tiles better (Chasm mainly). Pretty good damage from her tho. VenomDino is ok. He just does loads of damage and thats it. He has no passive which heavily hinders him. He has the 2nd highest health in the game (not including high evo because his health can go very nuts very fast) which is a plus other then that he is ok. I know its to early for Omega Red but I really like him. Its a bummer he has overlap with his best friends (Apoc and Okoye). I still think he is still useable with them. Imo he has a better red then Apocs and Okoyes and his black is a passive that is so good boosted with the boosters of Apoc and Okoye. He is fun and it feels like they did him justice for how long people have been asking for him. Imo it goes ORed then High Evo and then VDino and then Spider Gwen. Just some thoughts before this gets updated again eventually. Also thank you for the rankings @Daredevil217, they are very useful in understanding the 5 star land.

@Djbob101 said:
    So this guide has everyone but the 5 stars who were after Jeff? So High Evo, Spider Gwen, VenomDino, and Omega Red Right. I think High Evo is pretty good. Massive health pool that can be constantly upgraded more and more. He is very fun imo. I really like him and his 3* version. I think Spider Gwen isnt good at all. I think her abilities cost 2 much. and that purple is very wierd and feels useless when there are other web tile makers in the tier that can make web tiles better (Chasm mainly). Pretty good damage from her tho. VenomDino is ok. He just does loads of damage and thats it. He has no passive which heavily hinders him. He has the 2nd highest health in the game (not including high evo because his health can go very nuts very fast) which is a plus other then that he is ok.

Try Evo with Deathlock and Riri. He will get 3 yellow and blue AP every turn. Gets crazy fast.

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Daredevil217 said: Oh to answer the question… Clinical Psychology.

I thought of math since for creating such an enormous and detailed project like your guide you would need exceptional analyzing skills, but clinical psychology makes even more sense in that aspect..

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Jinx said:

@Djbob101 said:
    So this guide has everyone but the 5 stars who were after Jeff? So High Evo, Spider Gwen, VenomDino, and Omega Red Right. I think High Evo is pretty good. Massive health pool that can be constantly upgraded more and more. He is very fun imo. I really like him and his 3* version. I think Spider Gwen isnt good at all. I think her abilities cost 2 much. and that purple is very wierd and feels useless when there are other web tile makers in the tier that can make web tiles better (Chasm mainly). Pretty good damage from her tho. VenomDino is ok. He just does loads of damage and thats it. He has no passive which heavily hinders him. He has the 2nd highest health in the game (not including high evo because his health can go very nuts very fast) which is a plus other then that he is ok. I know its to early for Omega Red but I really like him. Its a bummer he has overlap with his best friends (Apoc and Okoye). I still think he is still useable with them. Imo he has a better red then Apocs and Okoyes and his black is a passive that is so good boosted with the boosters of Apoc and Okoye. He is fun and it feels like they did him justice for how long people have been asking for him. Imo it goes ORed then High Evo and then VDino and then Spider Gwen. Just some thoughts before this gets updated again eventually. Also thank you for the rankings @Daredevil217, they are very useful in understanding the 5 star land.

@Djbob101 said:
    So this guide has everyone but the 5 stars who were after Jeff? So High Evo, Spider Gwen, VenomDino, and Omega Red Right. I think High Evo is pretty good. Massive health pool that can be constantly upgraded more and more. He is very fun imo. I really like him and his 3* version. I think Spider Gwen isnt good at all. I think her abilities cost 2 much. and that purple is very wierd and feels useless when there are other web tile makers in the tier that can make web tiles better (Chasm mainly). Pretty good damage from her tho. VenomDino is ok. He just does loads of damage and thats it. He has no passive which heavily hinders him. He has the 2nd highest health in the game (not including high evo because his health can go very nuts very fast) which is a plus other then that he is ok.

Try Evo with Deathlock and Riri. He will get 3 yellow and blue AP every turn. Gets crazy fast.

or with Deathlok and Kang. also fun

• MPQBren
    MPQBren Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Daredevil217 Curious about the rankings shift for a few of the metas. In the previous iteration of your guide you had Scarlet Witch at #8, Riri at #10 and Colossus at #12, but the latest update has Colossus #8, Scarlet Witch #11 and Riri #15. Why the change?

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Well looks like @Daredevil217 has a whole lot of work to do now that literally every character in the game can be a 5 star. I look forward to your 28,789 page write up.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Oh, I think it might be a wrap for this guide lol.

We’ve had a good run, fam, but they put me out of business lol.

• rainkingucd
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:
    Oh, I think it might be a wrap for this guide lol.

We’ve had a good run, fam, but they put me out of business lol.

The new guide is just a ranking of Spider-Verse 5*

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Nah I don't think the new ascension system will put you out of business. With how much work it takes to get one up there you might just include a few honorable mentions for low star units that are worth bumping up.

That said, I was surprised to see Vulture so high. I remember looking at his powers and shrugging, and not seeing too many people excited about him. I want omega red but wasn't very enthused about venomsaurus, vulture, or miles really.

• Jinx
    Options

My first impression of Vulture was he was good on paper and poor in practice. What I’ve found is that his green, which I originally thought you would only use while he is not airborn as an aoe is great for bringing him back so it doesn’t take forever to get his AP boost. He pairs extremely well with 1/2 Thor and Apoc.

• Jinx
    Options

What I really need help with is a team for OR. He definitely has to have his damage buffed and I can’t stomach giving up Apoc’s red and OR and Okoye both like to tank and he’s already tanking over her. Special tile meta is hard to work out because Kitty shares colors and strike spammers use red to do it. Now that there is a chance to ascend Nico, she should be the better buffer, but who can we get the strikes from and still use Omega’s red and yellow?

• rainkingucd
    Options

@Jinx said:
    What I really need help with is a team for OR. He definitely has to have his damage buffed and I can’t stomach giving up Apoc’s red and OR and Okoye both like to tank and he’s already tanking over her. Special tile meta is hard to work out because Kitty shares colors and strike spammers use red to do it. Now that there is a chance to ascend Nico, she should be the better buffer, but who can we get the strikes from and still use Omega’s red and yellow?

I've been using Wong, as they're both boosted at the moment. Wong's 33% chance of strikes can really jump start OR at the start, or he can bring them in later once he gets the 6 yellow. It's super fast if it goes off straight away, but slow if it doesn't

• Jinx
    Options

Wong and Magic is an underrated team too. Her match damage bonus is good. Recently started using Nico as a third. Never really realized she is a better buffer than Kitty. Now that she is ascendable, that team will be better.

• MPQBren
    MPQBren Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Daredevil217 Where would you rank Chasm and iHulk in your list, now that Chasm's been nerfed?
    Wondering if I should chase Chasm over others lower down in your rankings.

• Helinutz
    Helinutz Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options

Been using my OR with Emma. Get a nice initial boost, then target red tiles to boost it and finish off using Omegas red power to true heal him at the end of the battle. Pair those 2 with Chasm against mindless ones and the rounds only take 1 or 2 turns.

• Oldman
    Oldman Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options

thanks daredevil, really good work there, nice analysis, and waiting for the first 2024 update. Thumbs up

• Nero
    Nero Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Daredevil217
    Thank you for all your work, so much dedication, it's insane. :o
    One day, you wil print it as a collector book/year ;)

• ElJoraen
    ElJoraen Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options

Hope to see this updated @Daredevil217 - it really helps in prioritising which 5* to champion first.

Maybe you can just focus on pure 5* and ignore ascended. Perhaps a separate section for interaction with 5* ascended characters (which, let's face it, most of us will not possess)