Marvel Puzzle Quest R274 Release Notes (03/27/23)

Options
S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker

“Candygram...”

• April Fool’s Day is right around the corner! Watch out for some MPQ shenanigans!
  • New supports are here! Check them in-game!
  • Apocalypse has returned with his ravenous Horsemen! Gather your alliance to prevent doomsday in this apocalyptic boss battle!
  • Rebalances launch for Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius), Dazzler (Classic) and Magneto (Age of Apocalypse) soon!

Thank you for playing!

Comments

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    Options

Yay Magneto!

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

Candygram...

The next 5* release is on April 6.

Googling gave me some results:

From Iron Fist Episode 2: "Danny Rand sees a shrink (against his will) and sends Joy a candygram.

5* Iron Fist?

Mehneto is going to receive buff? A blue passive finally?

And 3* Dr Ock?

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Question is what does 3* doc ock do that would OP an upcoming release 🤔

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Magneto rework? Let’s go!!

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

3* Doc Ock receiving another rebalance. I find it amusing that there are multiple characters that had more than one rebalance, while others that need it haven't, such as, 3* Angel.. he's useless

• 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2023
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    Candygram...

The next 5* release is on April 6.

Googling gave me some results:

From Iron Fist Episode 2: "Danny Rand sees a shrink (against his will) and sends Joy a candygram.

5* Iron Fist?

Mehneto is going to receive buff? A blue passive finally?

And 3* Dr Ock?

Iron Fist would be surprising. I don’t think Marvel will permanently memory hole him, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s benched for quite a while. Along those lines though, I was wondering if Sweet Christmas might make sense.

Magneto will be interesting. He needs a rework more than a rebalance. His powers clash.

edit I see Marvel took Danny Rand out of the role and replaced him with a Chinese character Lin Lie.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

I didn't know about the change to Iron Fist. Mehneto's rework will be interesting. His powers are almost generic now. He's probably going to target all non-basic tiles. >:)

I hope they don't touch Dazzler's red.

This release mentioned some shenanigans. So, this 5* could be a joke character. Kazi the Clown? Paste Pot Pete for some trap meta to compete against Chasm to see who has stickier stuff?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's definitely the land shark. "Candygram" is an iconic line from that old SNL sketch. Gwenpool has a pet land shark.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Shenanigans will be the yearly Bagman PVP.
    Anything more would be too much effort.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hopefully the magneto rebalance will take him away from the bench 2 or 3 days. And hopefully without any bug!

Octopus is pretty favored in this game imo. Even more than spiderman. Actually any spider villain is more powerful than Spidey. Ask about it to chasm.