Making iHulk as annoying as possible

2»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,156 Chairperson of the Boards

He is a pretty good green battery, though he need not be high level to serve that function. I know I've seen rosters that have him at 550 floating around in PVP, and of course he is not the only such character a on a roster like that. I'm not sure if any of those players are active here in the forum to speak on what, if anything, they use him for or who they use him with.

There are characters you kind of wish he'd be good with, like Loki who has a revive and a green outlet, and with Gladiator Thor who most seem to try and keep tamped down a bit in level also due to the risk/reward on him having low health, but who has a solid green outlet.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,891 Chairperson of the Boards

He was in Latest with Apocalypse (yes, really), and that set was the first consensus group of strong characters released after the long post-Gambit-nerf lull in 5* quality. The optimizers started hoarding during that lull, and the first really big hoards got broken on that set (+ Yelena).

So there are a few floating around, but hoarding hadn't quite gone mainstream just yet, so there are less of them than 550 SW/Colossus pairs, and much less than Chasm/Thor pairs.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,613 Chairperson of the Boards

So I have my shards and am not champing at this time - my options are 5/4/4 or 5/5/3 - any reasons for one over the other? I am leaning towards 4 in red as it is an extra 2k damage without an increase in self damage but then the jump in revival match damage for 5 in black is quite high and the self damage seems to come down a bit?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023

5/3/5.
    You want him to get as little increase on match damage per death as possible.
    Chasm should keep tanking.
    Oh,
    5/4/4 then.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,613 Chairperson of the Boards

Yeah unfortunately without champing 5/3/5 not possible. :(