A good use for extra covers.

IamTheDanger
IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
Any one that has played MPQ will agree that it can be very frustrating to get the same 1* and 2* covers over and over again. Once your character is maxed, the only thing that they are good for is to be sold for 100 or 250 iso8.

I have seen several people on the forum suggest that the developers make some kind of cover trading possible. But that would mean that every one could level up way to fast and then get bored with game. Not to mention that the developers would lose money.

So, instead of trading with other players, why not trade with the game itself?

Say you could collecet 5 - 1* character covers, (doesn't matter which ones), then trade those 5 in for 1- 2* cover. Then after collecting 5 - 2* covers, trade those in for 1 random 3* cover. You could even add in 5 - 3* covers for 1 - 4* cover.

If you do the math, it actually comes out that the developers would make more money since you will need a total of 25 - 1* covers to get 1 - 3*. Or 125 - 1* to get 1 - 4*. Not mention the fact that since people will not be selling their covers, they won't have as much iso8. Which means they either play more or just buy some. Both are good for business, right?
( 5 covers for 1 is just an idea, it could be 10 covers for 1 or whatever ).

My wife plays the game also, and she collected 43 standard recruit tokens and 21 heroic. She cashed them in all at once. She did not get .... ONE .... SINGLE .... 3* ....COVER !!! Not one!

This way, it gives the player the desire to collecet repeat covers and guarantees that solo and alliance players both will get 3* characters. The solo players will still level up slower than alliance players, but at least they have a chance at 3* covers.

Comments

• I just pulled ten 2stars from my ten pac and felt miserable. Your wife had even worse luck! I second this idea. Some way to get 2star covers more reliably has to be implemented. The new tournament for 150 HP does not appeal to me at all I would have to invest a lot of time and make top 2 to get one 3 star cover...
  • My wife plays the game also, and she collected 43 standard recruit tokens and 21 heroic. She cashed them in all at once. She did not get .... ONE .... SINGLE .... 3* ....COVER !!! Not one!

I found that the best time to cash in the standard tokens is an hour of the end of PvE session. I cashed in 12 standard tokens to get 3 3* (in a row) and a couple 2* covers.

I agree with your idea of trading up covers. The next level covers could also be random, but with the ability to choose the color would be great and exciting addition to the game.
  • egal27 wrote:
    I just pulled ten 2stars from my ten pac and felt miserable. Your wife had even worse luck! I second this idea. Some way to get 2star covers more reliably has to be implemented. The new tournament for 150 HP does not appeal to me at all I would have to invest a lot of time and make top 2 to get one 3 star cover...

I chose not to join in the new 150HP tournament and instead decided to spend 100HP on a heroic cover.

I pulled a ..... 4 **** Invisible Woman.
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    You can do this now, albeit at a slower rate and without any guarantee to level up from 1 to 2 or 2 to 3. Sell your extra covers for ISO and buy more standard tokens. That is five 1 stars sold for one new chance or two 2 stars for one new chance. Many people save their tokens to chain down (statistically, it will usually result in a loss of resources, not a gain) for a chance at a 3 star. With the previously present chance at HP, it could actually pay up to a 100HP Heroic buy for better chances, but this option was removed at some point a while back.

With the implementation of cover rewards for PvP, there a many more one and two star covers out there than you may realize. I collect 35-40 covers per day in PvP, which usually converts to about 5000 ISO. That ISO is worth more leveling the few 3 star covers that the game does actually award you than it is to gamble on buying more cover chances.

In other CCG/MMO/PvP type games the conversion scale is often 50:1 or more when systems like this are implemented.

• My wife plays the game also, and she collected 43 standard recruit tokens and 21 heroic. She cashed them in all at once. She did not get .... ONE .... SINGLE .... 3* ....COVER !!! Not one!

I've shared this theory with my alliance before;

I'm convinced that token "success" or drop rate isn't random at any given moment, instead I believe that it's a cycle and therefore time dependent.

My advice is that if the first 3-5 tokens didn't give you anything good, then stop opening packs and safe it for another time. Maybe wait til an alliance member announces a good draw from a standard pack. If you get a 3* in a pack then it's worth opening another pack.

That's my theory anyway.

Sorry to hear about your wife's misfortune.