Kang's "Boss Fight" tokens

Options
GrimSkald
GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards

So they gave us some tokens for "Boss Fight" because of the systems issues and rockiness of the event. Trouble is, the vault closed.

You think they're going to re-open it, or should we just pull them as "post-event?"

Tagged:

Comments

• DevpoolMPQ_BCS
    DevpoolMPQ_BCS ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options

Hey @GrimSkald , you can feel free to cash these in as post-event.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DevpoolMPQ_BCS said:

Thanks for the response!

• DevpoolMPQ_BCS
    DevpoolMPQ_BCS ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options

You bet! Hope you get good stuff!

• ShionSinX
    ShionSinX Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options

@DevpoolMPQ_BCS said:

Hello. Will this boss event have this same vault next time its run or will it have a new vault (so these tokens will forever remain valid only for this retired vault)?

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,193 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Then why say it's okay to open?

Post vault isn't the same as with an active vault... Oh well, opened already... Ugh...

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,129 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's helpful to know for future but I wish I could cash in the 7 2s, 2 3s and an ET for 10 future-facing boss tokens with hindsight!

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DevpoolMPQ_BCS said:
    The plan is for boss vault tokens to be generic and applicable to boss vaults.

So really we should open all our old stockpiled boss tokens (Apocalypse, Ultron, etc.) because any new runs of those events will just give generic “Boss Tokens” that can be used for any boss vault?

I just want to make sure I understand @DevpoolMPQ_BCS

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2023
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:

@DevpoolMPQ_BCS said:

So really we should open all our old stockpiled boss tokens (Apocalypse, Ultron, etc.) because any new runs of those events will just give generic “Boss Tokens” that can be used for any boss vault?

Are you really saving these? At max they provide 4-5 tokens per event. You will be waiting a long time to get a guaranteed LT, if that was your end goal.

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Codex said:

@Daredevil217 said:

@DevpoolMPQ_BCS said:

Are you really saving these? At max they provide 4-5 tokens per event. You will be waiting a long time to get a guaranteed LT, if that was your end goal.

Some folks hoard all event tokens. I don't do that but I don't think my playstyle is any more "correct" than yours or theirs. To each their own.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@revskip said:

Some folks hoard all event tokens. I don't do that but I don't think my playstyle is any more "correct" than yours or theirs. To each their own.

I've got enough stockpiled tokens to full clear most event vaults at least once. I sit on them until at least 2 of the 4s are feeders that are relevant to my goals. It's a tiny optimization that probably means very little in the long run, but being able to determine what I'm getting with my tokens feels better to me than leaving it up to chance; that's what all my other tokens are for!