Did the women's history month vault miss the mark?

Akoni
Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor

I was excited to see the women's history month vault until I glanced through it. There are a few things in it that I like and these vaults have been great thus far, however, there are so many female characters that are missing from it. Currently, there are 22x5*, 47x4* (+1 if you count Cloak & Dagger), 12x3*, 4x2*, and 3x1* female characters. Including C&D, that's a total of 88 female characters. Since previous vaults appear to lack 1-2* characters, I assume this vault would be no different dropping the max number of characters to 81.

I was hoping to add a level to some of my favorites and many of my underused characters that I like but are underwhelming due to their levels. Are my expectations too high or are there others who were hoping for more character presence?

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards

I'd be happier with more 5* shards, sure, but you can't argue with MThor. Sure, Chasm is the best standalone character in the game, but MThor is second, I think, and isn't mind-numbingly boring to play.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 236 Tile Toppler

I guess I'm not clear what you're suggesting they do differently - did you want them to have all 81 female characters present? Do you think you (or most players) will earn 81 tokens in one month? Do you think they should not have tokens or Iso in this vault (like almost every other vault always has)? Are you upset that there are multiple shards or covers for the same character, that they should have been unique with no repeats?

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor

@Akoni said:
    I was excited to see the women's history month vault until I glanced through it. There are a few things in it that I like and these vaults have been great thus far, however, there are so many female characters that are missing from it. Currently, there are 22x5*, 47x4* (+1 if you count Cloak & Dagger), 12x3*, 4x2*, and 3x1* female characters. Including C&D, that's a total of 88 female characters. Since previous vaults appear to lack 1-2* characters, I assume this vault would be no different dropping the max number of characters to 81.

I was hoping to add a level to some of my favorites and many of my underused characters that I like but are underwhelming due to their levels. Are my expectations too high or are there others who were hoping for more character presence?

On the other hand, every token you get from this vault could potentially be a female character.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2023

@Akoni said:

I get what you're saying. I like and use most of the featured characters often. However, it does appear lighter on the characters and heavier on the tokens. It's a decent enough vault, but a better balance could've been struck.

Two heroic and two mighty tokens could've been swapped for another 3* and 4* plus two more 5* shards. Or three heroic and three mighty but this time go 4 new 5* shards but lower the amount to 100 or 150. Or any other combination, there's tons of options. Hell, we could even throw the 2* females some love. Regardless, the free stuff is appreciated and put to use.

Does anybody know if it’s the usual use certain characters daily and get a token for the duration of the vault?

Edit: just noticed the other thread about the vault disregard my question above.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm just happy it's not more Okoye shards

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@Punisher5784 said:

Stop softcapping.

• Punisher5784
    edited March 2023

@Bowgentle said:

@Punisher5784 said:

Stop softcapping.

Do you want to send me some $$$ to buy iso to champ my 5*s? :)

Prior to my retirement two years, I softcap because I only had two 5s covered. Two years later, I've returned, and 5 covers are much easier to obtain. However, I had to use all my iso to champ all the missed 4s. Perhaps, I could have champed my 5s first, but we had so many 4* PVP events since I've been back.

Trust me, I am slowly adding levels to my 5s to champ at least 4 at the same time. That's what I did in both my 3 and 4* transition.

Thanks again for your always friendly comments :*

• Milmanias
    Milmanias Posts: 16 Just Dropped In

I'm just sad it's not more Okoye shards

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 371 Mover and Shaker

I’m really happy with it being Kamala in there because it’s gonna allow me to champ her sometime this month when I empty out the vault. I need to start stacking HP to get there but I imagine midway thru the month I should be able to make that happen so I’m pleased.

• Bowgentle

@Punisher5784 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Punisher5784 said:

Stop softcapping.

Do you want to send me some $$$ to buy iso to champ my 5*s? :)

Prior to my retirement two years, I softcap because I only had two 5s covered. Two years later, I've returned, and 5 covers are much easier to obtain. However, I had to use all my iso to champ all the missed 4s. Perhaps, I could have champed my 5s first, but we had so many 4* PVP events since I've been back.

Trust me, I am slowly adding levels to my 5s to champ at least 4 at the same time. That's what I did in both my 3 and 4* transition.

Thanks again for your always friendly comments :*

With saved covers there's really no reason anymore to prioritise your 4s.
    But you do you.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

You don't have to champ all your 4* before jumping to 5* land.

This was my progress in 2021:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/961902/#Comment_961902

I resisted champing all the 4* and save them for 5* instead. Join 5* land. It's fun.

• Punisher5784
    edited March 2023

I'm not disagreeing with y'all. Looking back, I should had jumped to 5*, but I didn't realize how quickly you can cover 5*s now. I'll get there fellas, but until then Punisher always does Punisher ;)

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards

@Punisher5784 said:
    I'm not disagreeing with y'all. Looking back, I should had jumped to 5*, but I didn't realize how quickly you can cover 5*s now. I'll get there fellas, but until then Punisher always does Punisher ;)

I kind of expect you to request for a 5* Punisher in the dev Q&A B) Legit though, I would love to have a 5* Punisher in-game.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 693 Critical Contributor

@Punisher5784 said:

I was in a similar position. I champed all 4s first because I didn't have any 5s fully covered, plus my mmr was all screwed up, as well as some other hurdles. Now, every single 4* cover I get is a champ reward. I can build iso up faster so I can champ a 5* as soon as I get the necessary covers. The destination is the same but every journey is different.

• Punisher5784

@BlackBoltRocks said:

@Punisher5784 said:

I kind of expect you to request for a 5* Punisher in the dev Q&A B) Legit though, I would love to have a 5* Punisher in-game.

Ah I should! As much as I enjoyed 3* and 4* Punisher in this game, he starts off decent on his release, but quickly fades away.

I'm curious what MCU will do with him or if they will bother revisiting him again.

• Bowgentle

I don't see Disney Marvel revisiting Punisher anytime soon.
    The Netflix series was EXTREMELY violent, too much even for my taste.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 974 Critical Contributor

@BlackBoltRocks said:

@Punisher5784 said:

Would Cosmic Ghost Rider fit the bill? I'd love to see him as a 5-star.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,568 Chairperson of the Boards

@BlackBoltRocks said:

@Punisher5784 said:

Even gasp if it was this one?!?!?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards

5* Frankencastle

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 371 Mover and Shaker

Punisher is rumored to be apart of the Daredevil: Born Again show the MCU is doing. Early on it was rumored Jessica Jones was gonna be in it but that later changed to Punisher with Bernthal coming back. Take that for what you will though, not all MCU rumors come to fruition.