MPQ Developer Q&A February & March 2023 (QUESTIONS)

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards

This forum has active moderators whom are capable of removing and editing posts, issuing warnings and presumably either banning or recommending for the banning of player accounts. There is absolutely zero reason for any developer to be attacked or treated in a poor manner here and the evidence I have seen is the moderators are on or around at most active times.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor

Are you prevented from using made-for-TV characters like Firestar and Morph due to licensing restrictions? If not, bring them on! Lots of old cartoon fans on here.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 342 Mover and Shaker

I had asked/suggested it months ago, but is there any way to have full damage displayed? Like if my shang chi punches the **** out of a goon and KOs it, it just shows me it's max health.

• tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler

Turbo button? Anything for the game to go faster

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,529 Chairperson of the Boards

@Punisher5784 said:

@helix72 said:
    Q: A bit ago you rewarded frequent forum posters with a 3* infinity stone. Since then, it seems game information is shared more frequently and earlier on discord and/or reddit than in the forums. Can you please explain your community interaction and communication strategy? Should we all join the other platforms?

Whaaaaaaa?? Where's my stone?

What was the criteria to receive one?

You had to have posted several times during a specific time and it was only announced after that time (so people couldn't spam the forums just to get it)

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards

@Alfje17 said:
    Q: Can we have a countdown on Latest Legends, so people don't have to ask every month when X will be leaving?

When is Riri leaving LL?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@Punisher5784 said:

@Alfje17 said:
    Q: Can we have a countdown on Latest Legends, so people don't have to ask every month when X will be leaving?

When is Riri leaving LL?

Thursday.

• Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker

Since some of the code for MPQ must be nearly 10 years old, has there been any thought of starting fresh with MPQ2?

• capnthordo
    capnthordo Posts: 16 Just Dropped In

There is a growing list of bugs associated with new characters that have been released during the past 9 months that don’t seem like they are being addressed.

1.) Spider-Man Oscorp locking 5* Scarlet Witch’s tile and her recreating it and then it getting stuck on the board after she dies.
    2.) Hit-Monkey Team-Up not keeping undead players down
    3.) Kang’s Blue Away not working on Chasm/Immortal Hulk teams

These are just a few examples.

You’ve developed some great characters for the game that have some really unique abilities that only half work and it is so frustrating. I want to use these characters, but don’t because of these issues.

So I guess my question is…What are your plans to resolve these issues?

Also, can we get some updates in the bug reports section of the forum so we at least know you are attempting to address these issues?

• Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker

@_TrashPanda said:

@Chipster22 said:
    Since some of the code for MPQ must be nearly 10 years old, has there been any thought of starting fresh with MPQ2?

That would suck if they completely restarted the game and people lost all the time and money they put into the game. Would be a very good motivation to retire from mobile games though considering that this is the only one I play

I agree, but am curious of the developer's thoughts.

Maybe there would be a way to give credit for progress in MPQ 1 when joining MPQ 2.

That also has problems, but I'm just trying to think of possibilities if the code has become unmanageable.

• ScottM78
    ScottM78 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In

Can the cost of new Roster Slots be re-evaluated? The game is up to 289 characters and releasing 2-3 new characters a month. People who are new or trying to catch up having to spend 1000 (I know new players don’t have to spend 1000 right away) or more coins per slot may have made sense when there weren’t as many characters but now it is nearly impossible to catch up. The threshold to increase the cost of Roster slots seems outdated.

• Jellybat
    Jellybat Posts: 28 Just Dropped In

Will Dormammu (we have Hood & lots DS-related toons) or Red Skull (lots of Caps but not his nemesis) ever find their way into MPQ?

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

While on PC it's a bit more usual, mobile games importing accounts to a second part are counted on with the fingers of one hand. Mobile games with relative success never move to another part.
    Now you can calculate based on the amount of time they need to rebalance all 5* characters, to solve bugs, to design new pves, and after that how much time they would need to design a new game right from the start and then import all accounts succesfully without any issues, and all that probably for to have the same costumers as if it wasn't changed anything.
    But yes to dream is nice.

• gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 104 Tile Toppler

@ScottM78 said:
    Can the cost of new Roster Slots be re-evaluated? The game is up to 289 characters and releasing 2-3 new characters a month. People who are new or trying to catch up having to spend 1000 (I know new players don’t have to spend 1000 right away) or more coins per slot may have made sense when there weren’t as many characters but now it is nearly impossible to catch up. The threshold to increase the cost of Roster slots seems outdated.

IMO this is intentional. Nearly every alliance I have ever belonged to has come to the conclusion that if you are going to spend money on the game, HP is where you should start (covers, LT’s and CP are nice, but for most of us, we’ve been in situations where it’s either buy HP, or lose covers). And I think that’s still the monetization strategy for newer players who don’t yet have farms up and running.

• Eirikr56
    Eirikr56 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2023

Puzzle gauntlets could be a fun diversion from the normal play, offering a different way to interact with the mechanics. Instead they are almost universally a completely luck-based slog, devoid of any fun or strategy. Are you happy with the way they currently are implemented and if not why are they in the game?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards

Are there any non broken events coming up? 😉😬

This discussion has been closed.