Day 3388 - it finally happened

Options
Scofie
Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards

Finally, got my first max champ 4*. Kate Bishop, take a bow (pun intended). Never favourited any other than the new 4* or where I needed some 5* feeder covers to champ a 5*. I think 4* Wolvie was my first but never kept pace. Fury was a front runner for a few years, 7 or 8 covers ahead of 2nd place, but recently Peggy and Kate have been neck and neck, with Kate just edging over the line thanks to a stray MT from DDQ.

Anyone else close to this important game milestone?

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

Congrats! I noticed today that I'm pretty close as well to that first 4* maxchamp. My Gamora leads the 4* pack with level 363, she overtook my XFW during the time I had favorited her to complete my 5* Thanos.

/edit: Day 2902, by the way. I don't expect it to take another year for those final levels though :mrgreen:

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Dang only on day 2108 and have 56 max 4s. I've even sold quite a few maxed and have taken gamora Carol and I think valk to 370 twice. I don't even wanna look at how much I've spent on this game 🫠

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,960 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

My Peggy is at 369 and has been there for a couple of months now. I have quite a few others in the 360s that are right behind her. Like you, I never favorited any of the 4* either.

So any day now I'll reach the same milestone as you.

KGB

• LHammer
    LHammer Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options

Day 3289 and my X-23 (who I've never favorited) sits at 356. Juggernaut and America (who have both been heavily favorited) are 350 and 348 respectively. It's still going to be a while for me but gratz to you!

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Don't remember when I had my first 4* maxchamp, but it's clear that favouriting does make a difference: I'm on day 2651, got 12 4* maxchamps, but also a dozen (mainly latest) 4* under lv300.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options

Congrats!

I have five 4*s above level 360 (therefore above my soft-capped 5s)
    Polaris (366)
    Riri (366)
    Chavez (364)
    Medusa (364)
    Valkyrie (362)

Next closest is Shuri at 359 and (your above mentioned) Kate Bishop at 355.
    Most of those (except Polaris) were shargetted for some period of time, but have long since been left to grow organically.

Frankly, I just assume they take their sweet time to get to 370. Once they get passed 360 (in some cases 320 or less is where I stopped caring) their rewards are of little use to me, and my priorities are all elsewhere.

[Day 2835 here]

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Nice

I have 2 completed 4 stars and a handful of others getting closer.

I also have the duplicates going for the completed 4 stars.

Day 2766

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm on day 2573, and currently have 18 max-champ 4* characters, with another 4 perched at 369. Of those, only Lockjaw and X-23 got there organically since I was favoriting various feeders up pretty high, often to 360, and so the rest of those levels showed up organically after moving on. Many of these have duplicates, and those would also have been purely organically landed. I have a 310 dupe of Chavez, a 279 panther, a 286 Frost, a 271 lockjaw, a 273 Medusa, a 270 peggy, a 286 Rogue, a 274 Valkyrie, and then partial unchamped builds for a bunch of the others. I've been F2P the whole time.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,949 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I'm on day 2573, and currently have 18 max-champ 4* characters, with another 4 perched at 369. Of those, only Lockjaw and X-23 got there organically since I was favoriting various feeders up pretty high, often to 360, and so the rest of those levels showed up organically after moving on. Many of these have duplicates, and those would also have been purely organically landed. I have a 310 dupe of Chavez, a 279 panther, a 286 Frost, a 271 lockjaw, a 273 Medusa, a 270 peggy, a 286 Rogue, a 274 Valkyrie, and then partial unchamped builds for a bunch of the others. I've been F2P the whole time.

This is what happens when you pull classic tokens over any length of time. I don't want to go through all mine but it's pretty ridiculous.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,923 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

F2P for most of my early years, moved to 2 dollars a month and now am VIP since the devs took over. So not a huge spender. A lot of days though (3106). I have 71 maxed 4s, 10 more in the 360-369 range. Highest level dupes are:

1. 336 Valkyrie
    2. 329 Polaris
    3. 327 Grocket
    4. 319 Juggs and Widow
    5. 317 Peggy

I think only Widow was fully organic. I’m sure I bonused all the others at one point.

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Congratulations, it must be such a joy to have made that milestone. I was so deep into 5 star land that it didn’t get the focus it deserves from me.

65 for me, day 1965. Obviously haven’t been a F2P player pretty much ever. I have quite a few dupes champed, none anywhere near max yet though.

• LHammer
    LHammer Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options

(necros thread for follow on)

Day 3534 (almost 300 days later): thanks in a large part to the anniversary activities I maxed both Juggernaut and Polaris this morning. I even have an extra Juggernaut cover so I can recruit him again and ascend him in ten years. Yay!

• nwahs086
    nwahs086 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options

Congrats. My first max champed 4 was Captain Marvel. She was OP for a short time when she came out, so I favorited her for a while. I remember she was also in favorite stores when they had boosted odds a few times.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@LHammer said:
    (necros thread for follow on)

Day 3534 (almost 300 days later): thanks in a large part to the anniversary activities I maxed both Juggernaut and Polaris this morning. I even have an extra Juggernaut cover so I can recruit him again and ascend him in ten years. Yay!

Great stuff, it's a great feeling!

I'm now on 25 max champ 4*s now so they do start to arrive more quickly as the champ rewards get higher.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Scofie said:

Anyone else close to this important game milestone?

Pretty close but on the other side. I am a little past day 3100, and my first 370 (carol) came around day 2900. I now have iceman maxed as well and Medusa at 360-something. So it's 1-3 covers a month for me with regular play. I don't think I will be ascending many 4*s any time soon.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2023
    Options

Just hit day 1047(why my change over is at 846 pm has always seemed odd). Anyways, still don't have a max 4*. My closest are Black Panther lvl 358 and Hulk ME lvl 350 but both of them got upwards of like 20 covers from the different vaults over the summer, so although not shardgeted, definitely not organic. Next is America Chavez at lvl 345 but she's always heavily featured as well. Nova at lvl 335 is I think my highest organically leveled character. Longest character I've had as a favorite was Morbius. I wanted to add levels to him since he is by far my most used 4*. He's lvl 334.

Now after champing all 4* my fav strategy has been start with the lowest level character say btwn 270 and 280 and bring them up to 280 and repeat, then 280 to 290 and so on. Currently working on the last few classics I have at the 300 to 310 range.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I never focused on getting 4s too much until right now, it's something that just came with ranking rewards and chances to pull.
    Day 1808. 11 maxed 4
    s and 5 more almost maxed.

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Alfje17 said:
    Don't remember when I had my first 4* maxchamp, but it's clear that favouriting does make a difference: I'm on day 2651, got 12 4* maxchamps, but also a dozen (mainly latest) 4* under lv300.

Quite fun to look back a bit: day 2896 now, got 37 4* maxchamps but also 32 dupes and 1 ascended one to lvl 454.