**** M'Baku (Jabari Chieftain) ****

Options
2

Comments

  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    I would like this kit on a 5*. Super colossus without the ally DR or the occasionally useful actives. Itherwise he seems like a very useful tool for new players who need a reliable, sustainable tank for grinding.l, but nothing special for those who already have the 4* meta.

  • capnthordo
    capnthordo Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options

    @Alfje17 said:

    @LFChikarason said:
    Is Enemy of the State the correct PVE? It's a seven day event we haven't had in four years! Surely, a mistake!

    I quite like EOTS and since we haven't played it since Sept '19, I do hope this is correct!

    Appears they have shortened it down from 7 days. 2/27 - 3/2

  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 382 Mover and Shaker
    Options

    So does Okoye's boosting power help his healing?.?.? That would be the ultimate teamup boost. :dizzy:

  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

    This character is straightforward: big match damage, healing and damage reduction for his allies. He's a tank that provides support for his allies. Unfortunately, his healing to himself is burst heal, and not true heal.

    I might make him hit <40% health before going into battle. That would make him immune to stun and his match damage increases to 300+(63x3)+ up to 45 = at least 500% match increase. And he will take 92x(2x63) = 208 fewer damage from matches and ability. Throw in a protect tile to make sure damage taken from matches is 1.

    There's nothing else, I guess.

  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options

    @LFChikarason said:
    Is Enemy of the State the correct PVE? It's a seven day event we haven't had in four years! Surely, a mistake!

    Fixed for the 7 day timing. The name was changed to be Enemy of the State correctly, but missed updating from the previous 4-day PVE event date.

  • Scorpion201
    Scorpion201 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options

    Nice to see M'Baku in game finally and nice character cover, but unfortunately still weak as heck. Still need other black panther characters for the full affect

  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

    @Scorpion201 said:
    Nice to see M'Baku in game finally and nice character cover, but unfortunately still weak as heck. Still need other black panther characters for the full affect

    He seems weak to me only relative to the 5* game. He will be quite strong against other 4*s. With very high match damage, self healing, abd very high DR. The only way to drop him easily is to stun him quickly and then drop him (and what happens if his health is reduced below the stun threshold while stunned? Does he unstun? If so you will need to stun him and then kill him with a big nuke).

    He has 300% match damage (so he hits about 2x as hard as a 5* at the same level), and it can scale higher. And with a minimum of 92% damage resistance against everything but self damage he has >225k effective HP unless stunned.

    Plus he is so simple to run that the ai can't **** him up too badly. I expect he will be a meta 4* defensive option.

  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 466 Mover and Shaker
    Options

    @Vhailorx said:

    @Scorpion201 said:
    Nice to see M'Baku in game finally and nice character cover, but unfortunately still weak as heck. Still need other black panther characters for the full affect

    He seems weak to me only relative to the 5* game. He will be quite strong against other 4*s. With very high match damage, self healing, abd very high DR. The only way to drop him easily is to stun him quickly and then drop him (and what happens if his health is reduced below the stun threshold while stunned? Does he unstun? If so you will need to stun him and then kill him with a big nuke).

    He has 300% match damage (so he hits about 2x as hard as a 5* at the same level), and it can scale higher. And with a minimum of 92% damage resistance against everything but self damage he has >225k effective HP unless stunned.

    Plus he is so simple to run that the ai can't **** him up too badly. I expect he will be a meta 4* defensive option.

    Not 92% just 92

  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options

    Yea his numbers look weak even in 4* land. Kinda reminds me of Gorr when he first came out, great design, meh numbers.

  • nixed
    nixed Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options

    seems like his numbers are a bit low to hang out in 4-star land.

  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

    @Bzhai , @nixed

    I think you are underestimating his numbers.

    Red Passive - 5 covers
    When champed his Red match damage (85) will be 352 (85+300%+15% for being a Wakandan)=85X4.15 = 352. So a match 3 Red will be doing over 1K damage at full health. If he's at half health then increase by another 3X50=150% which is 85*1.5=+127 more per Red which is over 500.

    Black Passive - 5 covers
    When champed he takes 176+63=239 less damage from powers and matches at full health. Most 4* champs only do 250 for a match 3 so he will take mostly 1 damage from matches. At half health he will get another 2X50=100% less damage or 478 less damage from matches and powers. At that point 4*s will only be able to damage him via powers since their match damage never gets that high.

    Add in the handy stun immunity and he'll be really annoying to fight in 4* land esp if he has other Wakandans on his team to increase his match and damage reduction even further.

    KGB

  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

    So stun him at 100% health then one shot him. Got it!! Or use Kang blue and insta win.

    Overall he looks really strong for a 4*. Pair with BP and Shuri. He will tank heal and reduce damage. 5,3,5 seems the best build.

  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    I think "4* land" consists purely of softcappers these days.

  • CallTheStorm
    CallTheStorm Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options

    I am just curious who are the winners of the Next Character Clue "Traditional Strength" guess?

  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options

    I love how the character image and the comic book cover are exactly the same.

  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,925 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    Another all passive character eh? He doesn't look like he will knock Chavez off of her spot in 4* land as passive champ and he is very reliant on Wakandans of which there are not very many.

  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,544 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    He looks fine. I'd say he is probably the 4th best tank in the tier behind Juggernaut, Blob, and Rogue in no particular order.

  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    And Doop.

  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,042 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

    Mbaku + Killmonger matches vs opponents strongest color stack. I’m talking incredibly hard-hitting matches.

    My KM is at lvl 465. match 3 in opponents strongest color does a little more than 10k.